lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #331
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Yes it is. Thank you!
97expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 PM   #332
Mendle
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for the many post. I have been reading for hours. This is my first post ever on a forum. I trust I am doing it correctly and in the correct category.

I have a 1996 Club Car DS. It does not have a tow/run switch.
Every wire from the OBC and the OBC has been removed completely.
The negative wire to the pack that went through the OBC remains connected.

I have purchased and connected a Lester Summit II charger. It is connected and charging properly.

However, now with the key in the on position and the accelerator pedal pressed the motor will not engage.

I am sure i must be missing something elementary. This is my first cart and I am looking forward to get rolling again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:20 PM   #333
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

In a Series cart, the OBC supplies the Negative to the Main Contactor (Solenoid). When you cut all the wires, you removed the Negative permissive. You need to take the Yellow wire that is coming from the small post on your solenoid (and use to go to the OBC) and run it over to B- at the controller. This will complete the circuit and allow your solenoid to close when you have the Key On, Shift Lever in Fwd, and Go Pedal Depressed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:35 PM   #334
Mendle
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much!!! I just did exactly as you instructed and I am back up and running. I never dreamed I would get an answer so quickly. I look forward to learning more about my Club Car and these forums as well!!
Mendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #335
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You just happen to be in the right place at the right time as I just logged on.... Lol!

Glad you are back running. Welcome to BGW....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #336
Whodat
Not Yet Wild

So I have 2 of the Allied 48v batteries on the way, and will be bypassing the OBC to use the charger that they provide. The batteries are to be wired in parallel instead of series. So to clarify, I run the negative from the charge receptacle to the negative of the second battery?( last of 2)
Whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #337
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodat View Post
So I have 2 of the Allied 48v batteries on the way, and will be bypassing the OBC to use the charger that they provide. The batteries are to be wired in parallel instead of series. So to clarify, I run the negative from the charge receptacle to the negative of the second battery?( last of 2)
Yep, Parallel (- to - and + to +) doubles the amperage and leaves the voltage the same.
Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #338
littlebigduck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 1997 DS without the coil behind the batteries. I don't have a white or blue wire coming out of the OBC. I upgraded everything and have the larger gauge power cables. I think I fried my OBC while trying to put the stud in it so I ended up just buying a Lester II charger and going around the OBC with the larger cable. I have cut the yellow wire from the back of the OBC that goes to the solenoid and ran it from the solenoid to the negative battery cable and the solenoid clicks however the cart runs intermentently like the OBC is going to sleep. Right now it is not running at all. My question is do I have to run the negative cable through the OBC even if I have a direct connected Lester II charger? And have I completely bypassed the OBC.
littlebigduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #339
littlebigduck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also should I cut all the other wires coming out of the back of the OBC?
littlebigduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #340
Brownfoot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I completely removed my OBC. No need to cut wires, just use a jumper like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2066.jpg (128.0 KB, 0 views)
Brownfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car