lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
earlthebug
Not Yet Wild

Default Two Questions 1990 Marathon

Picked up a new to me cart 4 weeks ago, but now I would like to change and fix a couple of things. I have been searching and searching this site for help.

1. I want to disconnect oil reservoir and pump components but I would love a good detailed approach or a picture on how to do this. When I look in my cart engine compartment I just see a mess of things I don't understand.

2. Most of the time my cart runs great. Then randomly you will step on the gas, no click, no nothing. Press gas pedal many times and will finally fire. Or if I tap the cart with my hand around on/off key, choke area it will fire quicker? I have no idea how to find the accelerator switch, I looked for it and found a black housing box?

Any help would be wonderfully appreciated. Happy St. Patty's Day
earlthebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Two Questions 1990 Marathon

welcome to BGW earl. first off, go to top of this forum and find "gas tech". you can do a little research there and download a manual for your cart. usually bennetts has one.
to disconnect the oil pump, you primarily just have to pull the line going from the pump on the front of the flywhell cover and plug the resulting hole in the top of the manifold. i think a 6mm bolt will work, or some just double over the line and secure it. (not as clean looking). then it is up to you whether you want to get rid of the pump and bottle. it just helps to clean up the engine bay. premix you gas and oil at a 128/1 ratio and you are good.
check all you connections. they must be clean and tight, especially the wire that grounds to the frame. good luck.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
earlthebug
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Two Questions 1990 Marathon

Thanks Madoc

I have removed all the grounds, cleaned and re-attached. Problem still exists. If I press the gas pedal some times it take right off, other times nothing happens, if I lightly tap the on off key it usually goes right away, I have checked all connections and tightened them. Could the ignition switch possibly be failing?

When you say bennetts usually has one, (manual) what do you mean by that. I am not a forum guru in any means.

Thanks
earlthebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil injection, switches
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO