lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
sbarnes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Pds to series

I did a search, but not getting my question answered. Can you convert a PDS cart to series. i'm gonna try it, just seeing if someone has already done it. Making hunting carts have 2 extra pds carts handy. basically I would need to add the fnr selector and switch, I already switch the motor and controller.
Any input from the guys here?
sbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pds to series

It can be done, you will just need to dump all of the electrics motor, controller, etc. The fnr can be done a couple different ways, but I guess it depends on big of a cart you are building.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

As long as you replace the controller and the motor (you cannot use a PDS motor with series controller and vice versa) You can do it, you just have to get the series style F&R switch, a series controller, and a series motor. The heat sink and the axle are identical, and the holes for the F&R are there so it will be no problem at all, the parts will fit right in.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just curious, why would you want to? I know the series carts are better for hunting, off road, torque, going slow, etc... but a well built "modified" PDS should be capable of the same duty.

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing.

THanks!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnes View Post
I did a search, but not getting my question answered. Can you convert a PDS cart to series. i'm gonna try it, just seeing if someone has already done it. Making hunting carts have 2 extra pds carts handy. basically I would need to add the fnr selector and switch, I already switch the motor and controller.
Any input from the guys here?
I know from the factory series are better for off-road. I'm not sure if an aftermarket PDS controller does the job. Contact scotty b, he'll know.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series carts are more tolerant of the slow going involved in off road driving... Basically they produce less heat. You can do but you have to rewire the cart. Even the solenoid activation circuit is different.
I have had much better results with the series carts off road.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
kingranch
Getting Wild

You need the linkage shifter and fnr nob.. some custom wiring, and a few cold beers..
Im doin this from dcs to series now too.
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Just curious, why would you want to? I know the series carts are better for hunting, off road, torque, going slow, etc... but a well built "modified" PDS should be capable of the same duty.

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing.

THanks!
Good point. I have a well built "modified" PDS and it is capable of anything. All on 36 volts. It is not fast, but so far it will do anything that I need to in the woods and get me back to the truck. PDS generaly is not a good platform for a hunting cart if you are not willing to replace both the motor and controller. Now if you are willing to replace both, then you can have a good cart for the woods with a push button F&R switch on the dash. Also if you get the right components, then it is a plug and play system.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO