lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: My First Cart!!!!

Well done! The sparky guys will take care of ya on the drive upgrades. From what I understand, 2ga cables will give you a nice boost and are not that hard to do or pay for
Like Quinn said, ya got a great start
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
rando
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It looks great but I also doubt it's really done and over with!
rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You have just started, once you look around here more, and realize what else you can do, then the sickness really sets in, looks great.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
pife2u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all of the compliments!!! I can see alot of money getting thrown at this thing, but for now, I'm trying to keep it to a minimum. As for the cables, should I replace all of them with 2 ga., or just specific ones?? I'm sure I have enough cable and ends laying around to make all of the cables I'd need.
pife2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Nice looking cart
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: My First Cart!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pife2u View Post
Thanks for all of the compliments!!! I can see alot of money getting thrown at this thing, but for now, I'm trying to keep it to a minimum. As for the cables, should I replace all of them with 2 ga., or just specific ones?? I'm sure I have enough cable and ends laying around to make all of the cables I'd need.
Rule of thumb. Change all cables that make the cart run. That being said the charger cables are OK to leave alone and on a PDS the 2 smaller cables to the motor are OK. Everything else get's changed out.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #17
Grunt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I rebuilt this for my wife (she needs hip replacement)so she can get around our land(70 acres)
Grunt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0888.jpg (88.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1310.jpg (96.2 KB, 10 views)
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #18
pife2u
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not to change subjects here, but I had my first small disaster with the cart this weekend at the campground. I say small because like most things, it took less time to fix it then it did to figure it out. Here goes...........

Get the cart unloaded, drive it down to my campsite, but on the way, the thing starts going real slow. I figure the batteries are going dead, so I plug it into the charger. Several hours later, same thing......

Remember, I'm new to this stuff, with this being my first cart and all. My first thought was that my batteries were toast and never going to charge again, but I'm limited to what I can do at the campground, with hardly any tools or anything. So, I go to Walmart to get a cheap multimeter to see what my voltages are. Obviously, they're low.....

I then decide that maybe the charger isn't working, so I take it apart, and low and behold, the ground wire is burnt to a crisp, and the circuit board in the charger isn't looking real hot either. I got the terminal off the end of the wire, got what was left of the burnt wire out of it, and re-crimped it back on the wire after stripping it back to a good spot.

Shazam!!! Now my charger is working!!! Had I known what a good charger is supposed to run like, I would have known from the beginning to look there first. The LED was flashing green before, but the charger clicked every time the light flashed. Now, the charger hums all the time, with the light still flashing as it should. Lesson learned. I guess the moral of the story is, if you're charger quits working, don't be afraid to take it apart. Might be an easy fix!!!
pife2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: My First Cart!!!!

Good deal. There nothing better than getting a problem solved by yourself. I have learned a lot on my own testing and trying new stuff.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides