lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Bobba Luey
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger won't come on

1996 48V Club Car.

Power Drive Charger

. Batteries check 8V each. Replaced relay in charger. cleaned battery connections. checked all fuses except the one I believe is inside the computer. Also checked most wires for continuity. All good. Disconnected batteries an ran reverse alarm till dead. Any suggestions?
Bobba Luey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Charger won't come on

Hi Bobba Luey and welcome.........

Do you know anyone with a charger like yours, with the same plug on the end? If you do, plug it in and see if it charges your cart. This will tell you instantly if it is the charger or the cart. If you cannot find a charger to try, locate a golf cart shop, load your charger up and take it to them and ask them if they would check it to see if it works. Watch them do it so you can see the meter for your self. If the needle in the meter moves to the right, you have a good charger. Suspect something in the cart.

Another quick check...... in a quiet setting, plug the charger plug into the cart with everything quiet and listen for a click inside the charger. This will be the relay. It will occur in approximately 5 to 10 seconds after plugging into the cart. Listen close. The power cord does not have to be plugged in to power. If you do not hear the click, the charger is bad. When this happens, it is usualy the relay, but at times the current sensing circuit. Both are a common problem with CC chargers.

There is one exception to this. If your charger wires are Not completing a circuit to the batteries, there could be no click also.

Many of the other folks on the forum will have tips too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
Bobba Luey
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Charger won't come on

Thanks for the tips Rusty. I read most of the posts that relate to my problem and was able to by pass the OBC by attaching a wire from the last negative terminal on the battery pack to the charger plug and the charger came on. Charge all the batteries. Cart still would not run. Ran another wire from negative side of the pack to the solenoid and wala! the cart runs. I'm pretty sure now that the OBC is bad.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes you have a bad OBC very common on that year cart........good news is if you order a replacement it will be an upgraded model from what you have now and everything will work good as new.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Bobba Luey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Shadowman. I found this OBC on Ebay. Item # 320246362147. If you put in the item # on ebay you can see pictures of the part. Do you think this one will work for me?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I put that # in and came back 0 matches in all catagories? Can u post a link?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
Bobba Luey
Not Yet Wild

Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLUB-CAR-GOLF-CA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
REC
Not Yet Wild

boba luey where did you attach the wire to the charger plug to make the charger come on?
REC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car