lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
abtgtown
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default jerking my a** off

OK, Bought to go nuts! Been here before and love the help but last one didn't do it!
I Have a 2001 club car series, not lifted,48 volt, Cartzone high speed motor, Logistics 700 amp controler.
Runs Awsome except at low speeds and take off in which it jumps like it is trying to play leapfrog!
Floor it and it knocks your head back but if you want to take off slow or mantain a slow speed it jerks really hard.
Posted about a month ago after I installed controller and everyone said replace MCOR. Did that! Anyone want to buy a slightly used MCOR? LOL
When I push pedal I hear a click then I push a little more and if trying to take off slow I get a bad jumping jerking!
Any help or ideas would be great!
TIA
Doyle
abtgtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: jerking my a** off

In trying to solve problem I assume that normal tests have been done like checks to battery cable connections to F&R control, F&R internal contacts, motor, corrosion of cables, POSSIBLE LOOSE plugs ( not snapped into place ) at MCOR, defective solenoid that losses internal contact causing a on off condition, etc? Does the Cartzone high speed motor happen to be a 2 speed and if so were checks done to switching, and was drive bumper unit replaced inside motor shaft spline area? When you changed MCOR did you replace any of the pedal linkage going to MCOR? Its possible that you have wear in accelerator bracket bearings, accelerator pivot rod assembly, accelerator drive bar connecting to MCOR unit? Any slop could cause pulsing of MCOR by parts flexing when cart is in motion and would show up more at light pedal operation? When you take accelerator pedal in hand and move from side to side and up and down is there seem to be any major looseness, if so compare with another like cart? If all linkage shows tight then possibly tests must be done to MCOR as even new ones can be defective. Do you have a digital volt amp ohm meter that you know how to use to do some testing?
Some other things I found though the years that gave similiar problems were loose rear spring bushings, center spring bolt broken off allowing spring to move and loose U bolts that allowed differential to twist and move around, differential tracking off to one side ( dog legging ).
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you identify or link us to the motor you have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
abtgtown
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Old Mec, checked all the usual suspects you suggested, even brake pedal and accelerater pedel are tight. I do have a digital volt meter and can use it. The new MCOR acts exactly like the one I replaced.
ScottyB, the motor is from CartZone, it was a special they ran in the summer of 2009. High speed motor $325. Have not had a complaint with motor for speed, just didn't have any torque, thus the controller. Now I have gobbs of torque, same speed, 27mph, and jerking!
It feels like when you push accelerater it's an all or none situation.
Push it slightly you hear a click,push it on a little more almost spins tires with take off.
let back off and try to maintain 2 to 3 mph and it feels like your right on the go no go switch. Cart will run smoothly at 5 mph or above.
abtgtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Interesting that the cart runs smooth at 5mph and above.
I still think it may be a throttle input problem ... not sure what but it just sounds like it?
Can you measure the MCOR output throughout the peddle travel to see if it is smooth from 5k on up?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Private message sent.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2001 club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car