lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
capt911
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Precendent Cutting In and Out at Partial throttle

Hello everyone, new here but great info on this forum. Before I order a speed sensor probably from Dave at Revolution as I hear the US ones even though expensive are way better than for foreign gunk I have a question.

My 2008 Precedent PQ0823-911667 starts off a little faster then slows down. Which from reading here sounds like a speed sensor. Also at partial throttle always in forward will feel like it pops out of gear and then slams back on. Being electric I guess is getting an intermittent signal to the motor. It feels like revving a car up in neutral and pulling it into gear.

I called the local dealer that sold me the cart last year and they said it sounded like the MCOR. I ordered one of them installed it to no avail still does the same thing. I am out of the country now but had my brother in law perform the speed sensor test Dave has in a sticky and it appears that mine is bad.

I have two questions here. Would a bad speed sensor be making my cart appear to be kicking in and out of gear? I also have the starting off fast then slowing down that seems symptomatic of bad speed sensor from reading here as well.

Secondly if I also buy the speed magnet from Dave I understand I will lose the regenerative and braking effect of the motor. What speed gains would I expect to see on an average cart? My batteries are less than a year old as well.

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated before I start ordering parts again.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
capt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Precendent Cutting In and Out at Partial throttle

Yes, that is definitely an intermittent speed sensor and the symptoms are representative of it. Failing the test assures you it is the issue and not the MCOR. Having a new MCOR is good too.

It is based on your tire size, but the speed magnet will give 18-20 on stock tires and more on taller tires.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car