Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
mcmillanjl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Lightbulb Buyer Beware

Recently purchased a Throttle sensor for my Yamaha YDRE on ebay from seller golfcart4less. Needed OEM, didnt want aftermarket. OEM is about $110, aftermarket is about $50.

Listing was "Yamaha Drive (G29) Throttle Sensor OEM: JW2-H5885-00"

Got the part, clearly aftermarket, not OEM. Contacted seller for return and he/she messages me with "it says replaces OEM."

Thinking I messed up, I go to listing, and sure enough, it says "replace OEM" in description. BUT then I see the notice telling me the listing had been updated. Seller just added the word "replace" after my return request.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg notice.JPG (19.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg be.JPG (35.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg re.JPG (32.7 KB, 0 views)
mcmillanjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Buyer Beware

I took the old title (before the seller changed it) to mean that this sensor matched OEM # xxxxxx. If you weren't sure you could've asked them first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Either way, the the act of him changing it after your complaint shows him acknowledging the flaw in his listing. I would take your issue to eBay and request a refund. I’m quite sure they’ll make things right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

As a seller on eBay with a 100% top rated seller rating

I also buy products on eBay
eBay really needs to come up with a better way for a buyer to know 3 things
Number 1 is the seller stocking the part or drop shipping
Number 2 is the seller a full time seller or person working a day job and trying make a quick buck on the side
And number 3 is the part Oem or aftermarket,
I personally make it very clear weather the part I’m selling is Oem or aftermarket and I absolutely do not sell aftermarket electrical products unless I know for a fact that’s it’s a quality product and not china junk

You have to read the listings very thorough and ask questions if there listings are not clear.
Lots of drop shippers on there and people selling low quality aftermarket parts.

I’m not saying that all aftermarket parts are junk but parts like ignition coils for $10.00 are not going to last long

open a return.

Sent using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillanjl View Post
Recently purchased a Throttle sensor for my Yamaha YDRE on ebay from seller golfcart4less. Needed OEM, didnt want aftermarket. OEM is about $110, aftermarket is about $50.

Got the part, clearly aftermarket, not OEM. Contacted seller for return and he/she messages me with "it says replaces OEM."

Thinking I messed up, I go to listing, and sure enough, it says "replace OEM" in description. BUT then I see the notice telling me the listing had been updated. Seller just added the word "replace" after my return request.

I just looked up the seller and it says China
Definitely not an oem part

Sent using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-doo583 View Post
As a seller on eBay with a 100% top rated seller rating

I also buy products on eBay
eBay really needs to come up with a better way for a buyer to know 3 things
Number 1 is the seller stocking the part or drop shipping
Number 2 is the seller a full time seller or person working a day job and trying make a quick buck on the side
And number 3 is the part Oem or aftermarket,
I personally make it very clear weather the part I’m selling is Oem or aftermarket and I absolutely do not sell aftermarket electrical products unless I know for a fact that’s it’s a quality product and not china junk

You have to read the listings very thorough and ask questions if there listings are not clear.
Lots of drop shippers on there and people selling low quality aftermarket parts.

I’m not saying that all aftermarket parts are junk but parts like ignition coils for $10.00 are not going to last long

open a return.

Sent using Tapatalk
ebay has come a long way. No one want to place restrictions/checks/verification on these things. How would ebay/amazon/etc... implement and enforce them?

In this case the best thing to do is for you to ask those 3 questions before your purchase.

ebay or the seller each have different objectives.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillanjl View Post

I bought an ignitor for my G9 from the exact same seller. It turned out to be the EXACT same piece of s*** nivel ignitor I had already bought and returned from amazon. They gave me the exact same excuse. I hassled them enough they eventually gave me a refund and I shipped it back. I even got them to pay for the return shipping, which they weren't originally going to do.

I'll never buy anything from them again. I believe they just drop ship from buggies unlimited anyway, which is probably why they dont want to take the return. BU probably charges them a restocking fee
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:16 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I would file a return and/or complaint. Hopefully you paid with a "credit card". If so, you can also dispute the transaction as fraud if the seller does not honor your return request. Credit card companies do a good job of back charging ebay sales that are bogus, they don't take crap from them, they just refund.

As far as Ebay goes, it's a "free for all marketplace", literally a garage sale on the internet. It's up to us to find the real businesses in between all the junk that is sold there. I agree, anything that says "china" or "hong kong" etc I stay away from. I learned that the hard way (but my credit card company got me my money back ).

Parts? Yeah, OEM is always best with golf carts, but there are some good aftermarket, even china made parts out there. It's a crap shoot.

If you do business on Ebay:

1.) Pay with credit card, not a debit card, for protection
2.) Reputable seller, read the feedback
3.) Look at seller's other listings, look for junk
4.) Use Paypal, they have their own protections
5.) Make sure the listing says "returnable"
6.) Be careful about used parts
7.) Real photos, lots of good photos
8.) Don't be afraid to complain to the seller, ask for refund
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

American express is awesome about that. They dont take any flack from anybody. They'll just credit you, and let the seller/store/company fight it out with then if they elect to do so. That's what ultimately got them to refund me and pay the shipping, I told them i was just going to call amex and dispute the charge. They knew they would lose that fight, and if they gave me a refund at least they would get their junk part back to sell to somebody else lol. If amex disputed it, that ignitor would have just gone to the trash can.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
mcmillanjl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I agree with all of you!

Scary thing about this guy was, he had good reviews (as did the product) and falsified the description, then LIED about it. The difference in cost from OEM to the aftermarket he is selling is over $50, so there's his profit.

After I called him out, he is more than willing to accept a return. Admission of guilt much?
mcmillanjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts