lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
tjmud2
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart cutting out pass 1/4 throttle

Hello, I'm new to the site and have read through a lot of the threads but have not been able to find a solution or another person with the same exact issue I am having.

Cart is a 2006 Club Car Precedent with Kawasaki Gas Engine.

I bought the cart back in May, and it has been running fine up until about three weeks ago. At first it would start and run for about 5 to 10 minutes as normal, but then would start to cut out if the throttle was pushed more than 1/4 of the way in.

It has gotten worse now, where you can only push it in about an 1/8th of the way to start it, and it will run fine as long as you don't go past an 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, anything further it starts cutting out / backfiring, almost as if the choke was still stuck on or something.

As I've been looking at it, it appears someone has hacked the Rev Limiter. Brown Wire is still grounded, but the black wire that comes off is cut in 1/2, and the connector was removed. And there is another black wire coming off from under then engine to the right (if looking at the head), and it is cut. So I have a total of 4 cut black wires dangling by the rev limiter. I've tried finding wiring diagrams, and have tried connecting them at different points but no luck. The one wire (to the right of the rev limiter) if grounded or touches another wire will kill then engine.

Also, as I've had it in repair mode to be able to start in neutral, sometimes it will keep running even after the cart key is turned off.

Engine will idle, and run at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle but cuts out at anything past that. If you try to start with throttle greater than 1/4 it will not start, have to barely engage throttle to start.

Do you think its with the wires / rev limiter? I'm not even sure how its running with those wires all cut. I can take a picture tonight if that will help.

We live in the country and I'm guessing that they may have had those wires taped up, and with my sons driving the cart they may have came disconnected.

Local shop is 40 minutes away, and backed up for 2 weeks, so would like to see what I can do before taking it in.

On a side note, when I bought it, the owner gave me some extra micro switches, fuel pump, and carb. I cannot seem to find where these micro switches are located, I've looked everywhere. I have changed the fuel pump out, and that did not change anything either.

Sorry for the long post, but was trying to be as thorough as possible up front, to keep the thread count down from all the questions I'm sure I'll get asked. Thanks in advance and appreciate all your expert advise, as this is my first cart.
tjmud2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car