lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #21
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas Deer Hunting Cart?

E-Z-GO 36v PDS carts are just the same as the CLUB CAR 48v IQ electrics. The best thing about the PDS carts is that you can change a chip in the controller in about 5 minutes to ad more speed, hill climbing, or extreme hill climbing... rather that having to change out the whole controller.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #22
Robow
Not Yet Wild

Well I guess I was over reacting. We took the old CC out this past weekend to work on tree stands. I was waiting for it to start slowing down but it never did. We put about 4 miles on it up and down hills (with about 500lbs of body weight and payload) The only thing that was different was that the kids drove the heck out of it and i used a different charger.
Robow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #23
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robow View Post
Well I guess I was over reacting. We took the old CC out this past weekend to work on tree stands. I was waiting for it to start slowing down but it never did. We put about 4 miles on it up and down hills (with about 500lbs of body weight and payload) The only thing that was different was that the kids drove the heck out of it and i used a different charger.
How do you have your cart setup?
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #24
Robow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTake View Post
How do you have your cart setup?
it's pretty much stock except for 3" lift
Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it run fine on the stock motor and controller? What tire size are you running? How does it make it up the hills?
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #26
Robow
Not Yet Wild

it's a stock resister cart, 18" tires. It slows down going up steep hills but makes them on a fresh charge. We try to stay away from them though
Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #27
ruredy
Born Wild

Deer don't give a rats @$$ what you drive, if they did you wouldn't see them smushed in the road. This is especially true if you run in the same place all the time, they just ignore it. Hunting is the reason I got my first cart, it was an electric cart and thats why I only have gas carts now. It was on those long walks going to go get the truck to get the cart is where and when I decide that maybe I should just use the truck or get a gas cart instead of having to drag around the electric cart. In the cold of winter an electric will only be 75% at best and one thing you can depend on is the electric will put you to walking when used under those extreme conditions. Those memories still haunt me even today (how i'm I going to get this 1000 pound P.O.S. out of the woods) like dragging a 150 pound deer out of the woods is hard.
Gas carts are ridiculously quite, I have people ask if my carts are gas or electric when they go for rides in them. If someone can't tell there riding in a gas cart you know it's quite. My vtwin cart is alittle louder, it sounds like a riding mower without the blades running.
Just imagine going to deer camp and only having to worry about how much beer and ammo you have, not about if your cart is going to leave you stranded.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #28
duckdown
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i hate to break it to ya but a gas cart will leave you walkin just as quick as a electric, we dont want to go there, i have gotten within 20 feet of deer on my electric cart before i was noticed and you dont have the smell of gas all over you. my electric cart has never left me stranded but my gas has...
my electric cart is stonger 2 to 1 than my gas and it didnt cost as much as a v twin to make it that way, i like the speed of the gas carts but when it comes to hunting i have to stick with the electric my opinion
duckdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #29
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdown View Post
i hate to break it to ya but a gas cart will leave you walkin just as quick as a electric, we dont want to go there, i have gotten within 20 feet of deer on my electric cart before i was noticed and you dont have the smell of gas all over you. my electric cart has never left me stranded but my gas has...
my electric cart is stonger 2 to 1 than my gas and it didnt cost as much as a v twin to make it that way, i like the speed of the gas carts but when it comes to hunting i have to stick with the electric my opinion
Why would you have gas all over you no wonder your gas cart breaks down, the gas goes in the tank. . And what are you going to with the deer at 20 feet, tackle it I would bet the hundreds of thousands of guys who use quads to hunt with would disagree with you about using gas vehicles.
Most everyone here with an electric cart has been put to walking when the batts die, you don't need to be hunting for this to happen. It's just the nature of the beast. My gas carts are very dependable, of course I keep up with the maintenance and replace parts when needed. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but my ezgo gas carts have never left me walking. I have $3100 in my factory vtwin cart as it sits (the one in my avatar), it even has a locking rearend and hydraulic brakes. It would be unfair to compare it to an electric cart because of their limitations.
I really don't care what cart robow uses to hunt with but the next time he's walking back to camp maybe he'll remember this thread. I sure remember the times I was put walking
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #30
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I'm sure your gas cart has a gas gauge. My electric has a charge meter gauge, so I know when to head back to camp for more juice. Same way you head back for more juice. Its all about choices. Lucky we have 'em.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing