lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #121
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

How much of the information in this thread is still relevant?
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #122
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
It’s still totally relevant. What I like about the flip is that it raises the brake lines so they’re less likely to snag on things.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #123
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
It’s still totally relevant. What I like about the flip is that it raises the brake lines so they’re less likely to snag on things.
There's a whole lot more than just "flip the brake plates" in this 100+ post thread. Thus my question.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:42 AM   #124
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
It depends on the year model of your cart. The newer models use a different U-Bolt plate than the earlier units. These new plates have a 90 Degree angle built into them, making it impossible to use them without cutting off the angle. To do this mod to a newer car, we recommend ordering two of the old style plates. Part number 1012181 and 1012182.

Another new development is the release of the new driver's side brake cable. The new driver's side "longer" brake cable for the Precedent was released by Club Car a few years ago and it completely eliminates the need for this modification, based on functionality. For ground clearance and keeping the cables higher off the ground to limit snagging, this brake-flip mod still has it's benefits. But for a neighborhood cruiser, just buy the cable and be done with it. We've been selling and installing these cables now for quite some time and they work great. Part number on the cable is 47562652001
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #125
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I just installed a 3.5" MadJax lift in an '07 Precedent, and while comparing it to SWMBO's '14, the shackle system is completely different. The kit also comes with a 6mm headed allen bolt and nut to be used as a locator for the [now] bottom plate, and they dropped right through. I called MadJax and they said that the hole should be smaller than it is (giggity) and to use washers. With even just a 3.5" lift, I'm having a difficult time getting the brake cables together. They're installed, but too tight to attach to the forward leaf spring nuts. Aggravating, to say the least.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #126
mccolmn1
Not Yet Wild

I'm trying to figure this out on a 2010 Club Car LSV and I must just be dense or something. I checked the shock plate part 1012181 and it looks like what is on my cart. Also the hydraulic and hand brake cables are already mounted in a way that they are above the axle so all I should need to do is swap and flip the shock mounts but I see no way to use 2 square ubolts that came with the all sports kit to mount them. Will I need to drill new holes? I am totally confused and frustrated.
mccolmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #127
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It depends on the year model of your cart. The newer models use a different U-Bolt plate than the earlier units. These new plates have a 90 Degree angle built into them, making it impossible to use them without cutting off the angle. To do this mod to a newer car, we recommend ordering two of the old style plates. Part number 1012181 and 1012182.

Another new development is the release of the new driver's side brake cable. The new driver's side "longer" brake cable for the Precedent was released by Club Car a few years ago and it completely eliminates the need for this modification, based on functionality. For ground clearance and keeping the cables higher off the ground to limit snagging, this brake-flip mod still has it's benefits. But for a neighborhood cruiser, just buy the cable and be done with it. We've been selling and installing these cables now for quite some time and they work great. Part number on the cable is 47562652001
What is considered "Newer Models"? I will be wrapping the install of a 6" AS in the front of my cart this evening and starting on the rear. I have a 2011 CCP. Just want to make sure it doesnt fall into the category of "newer models".

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #128
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
What is considered "Newer Models"? I will be wrapping the install of a 6" AS in the front of my cart this evening and starting on the rear. I have a 2011 CCP. Just want to make sure it doesnt fall into the category of "newer models".

Wayne
I'm not sure when the transition was made to the new style plates. But I just looked in a 2011 book and it shows the old style ones so you should be good.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #129
sycraft
Not Yet Wild

So if I don't flip the brakes on a 93 DS, can the plate for the 2 ubolts be placed under the stock plate with the brake cable bracket. 4 inch lift, hd springs, . The top is no issue. Also want to be sure ubolt orientation is correct, as this is the only way the shock will reach the shock mount. The pins that keep axle from rotating reach all the way both under and over . Should the cable bracket plate be installed under axle and over the lower plate or is it ok as shown installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201211_211858.jpg (117.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201211_211916 (1).jpg (105.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201211_211924.jpg (89.6 KB, 0 views)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #130
jshaffer3819
Not Yet Wild

Let me preface this by saying and I am new to Golf Cart rehabs. I have a 2001.5 48V DS with a 6” Allsports lift kit. Will this work on my cart? Also, I was considering switch the rear brakes to disc, would this mod still be needed? Any thoughts on rear disc brakes and if their with it? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jshaffer3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car