lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild

Angry G2 fuel problem

i am a new owner of an older Yamaha g2 cart. When I bought it it was running fine. Brought it home and ran it for several days. Replace the sparkplug boot and sparkplug. It does have fire.

Now I do not get any fuel to the carb. I pulled the tank and drained/cleaned it. I also pulled all the lines and filters to check for any trash, none. I thne took the fuel pump off and looked for any problems there, none that I can see. If I create suction on the pump, it seems to work.

My question is: how much vaccum suction from the engine should be present. I was told that on 2cycle engines, there is not a lot of suction. Someone also suggested a hand pump from an outboard motor to prime it. Any suggestions?
1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 fuel problem

If you changed the fuel lines, make sure you went back with the same size. Yamaha's are very picky: 5/16 and 1/4. Also check the small vacuum line coming off the back area of the engine. It is what makes the fuel pump pump fuel.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 fuel problem

You may want to consider a fuel pump re-build or a new one.> http://www.cartpartsplus.com/high-volume-fuel-pump.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha