lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

Default G16E Battery Wiring Help

Hi, I am trying to help a neighbor with his 2000 Yamaha G16E cart. It all started earlier in the year when he replaced his batteries. However, he (apparently) neglected to either take some pictures before doing the swap, make a schematic, or replace them one at a time. Anyway, he asked me to take a look at it and I immediately saw one problem and corrected it, but before hooking things back up, I would like for someone to take a look at the pictures and explain to me the two heavy red cables on the right (passenger side) batteries. I suspect that they are both supposed to be on the far right battery except that the number 5 battery’s cable is not long enough to reach. I say #5 as I am counting #1 as being the far left the negative end of the pack and the positive being #6 on the far right.

If there is someone familiar with this cart, or has one like this, could you please explain the two heavy red cables, hopefully with a picture? Thanks. I have looked at (what I believe to be) the correct wiring diagram, but I am still not sure of how this is supposed to all go together. Thanks in advance. John

Johno7656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16E Battery Wiring Help

On my G8 the red wire on the second to right battery goes to the solenoid not the battery on my cart. I will try and post a picture but its not that great.

Last edited by macadoe; 05-28-2013 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Adding.
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Heres my 36v G8. If you zoom in you can see what im saying about going to solenoid. The batteries are only in line because old tray was rotted and thats how I built new one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2434.jpg (118.5 KB, 0 views)
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno7656 View Post
Hi, I am trying to help a neighbor with his 2000 Yamaha G16E cart. It all started earlier in the year when he replaced his batteries. However, he (apparently) neglected to either take some pictures before doing the swap, make a schematic, or replace them one at a time. Anyway, he asked me to take a look at it and I immediately saw one problem and corrected it, but before hooking things back up, I would like for someone to take a look at the pictures and explain to me the two heavy red cables on the right (passenger side) batteries. I suspect that they are both supposed to be on the far right battery except that the number 5 battery’s cable is not long enough to reach. I say #5 as I am counting #1 as being the far left the negative end of the pack and the positive being #6 on the far right.

If there is someone familiar with this cart, or has one like this, could you please explain the two heavy red cables, hopefully with a picture? Thanks. I have looked at (what I believe to be) the correct wiring diagram, but I am still not sure of how this is supposed to all go together. Thanks in advance. John

The red lead ,on the second battery goes from the f/r switch to the solenoid, your missing a battery lead from firts battery negative post to the second battery post positive.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoe View Post
Heres my 36v G8. If you zoom in you can see what im saying about going to solenoid. The batteries are only in line because old tray was rotted and thats how I built new one.
Please don't ever use wing nuts on battery post connections, use "stainless steel" nuts and those type battery cables are junk. They have cable strands in the eye end portion and get damaged when tightening them down.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

OK, thanks for the suggestions. We will take a look at that together with the schematic and see if we can figure out where on the contactor it should go. John

PS I had some of the cables taken loose at the time of this picture.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: SOLVED - G16E Battery Wiring Help

OK, that was the problem. I moved the heavy red coming from the F-N-R switch to the contactor post with the lead going to the controller and all is working OK. My thanks to macadoe for taking the time to check this out for me and taking the time to post pictures. And thanks to all on this great board for taking the time to help others (especially Roady for posting the schematic that I used in trouble shooting and verifying). Thanks again.

John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha