lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
sassy95747
Not Yet Wild

Default Please tell me about my EZGO golf cart

I have a golf cart that was given to me that I use for feeding horses and miscellaneous yard duties.

Model # GXT-804D
Serial # A31334
Mfr. Code: K2594

The other numbers I have are 1000 lbs and 885LR

It has stopped running and I am trying to find out more info so I can look for solutions and/or a repair manual on the web. I don't know whether it's 2 cycle or 4 cycle - I know I have to put gas in it so it must not be electric. I took the battery up and it is good and fully charged but that didn't help. There is a click that can be heard but I don't know what that is. The repair shop talked about fuses, broken wiring, starter generator (new or rebuilt) or solenoid. Because of the economy, my son and I need to fix it ourselves. Any help or direction you can give me would be so much appreciated.
sassy95747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Please tell me about my EZGO golf cart

See if this helps...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Your cart should look like this one, it too is a 1994, Ezgo 804 (tuff1) they came with a 295cc twin cylinder 4 stroke engine. the clicking sound should be a solenoid. First thing I would do is check and make sure the wire connection going to the starter, solenoid, and battery, are clean and making good contact and that the engine has a good ground. Lots of times these kind of problems are due to corroded connections and wires. Did it quit while you were using it?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to the forums
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
sassy95747
Not Yet Wild

Yep, that's what our cart looks like and yes, that's exactly what happened. I thought I was running out of gas. The next time I used it it started up fine - I made a couple stops with feed and when I tried to go again it was dead. So we charged the battery last night, put it back in, made sure we had plenty of gas but it still would not start up again. My son says there is a clicking noise in a box behind approximately where the key is located. THANK YOU for your response and any further information.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

I have more problems with bad connections than any other thing on the carts. It could be a battery terminal or any of those wires or connectors going to and from the solenoid (It's behind the box/cover)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy95747 View Post
My son says there is a clicking noise in a box behind approximately where the key is located. THANK YOU for your response and any further information.
That clicking sound should be the solenoid plunge going up. That seems like a good sign...

It is quite easy to check the solenoid with a voltmeter, or even a 12 volt light bulb. After you turn the car 'on', press the accelerator pedal, and check for voltage on the top nuts on the solenoid. They should both have the same voltage when the gas pedal is pressed...

If the solenoid is the problem, it can be a problem in the wiring as ruredy mentioned or it can be a problem in the microswitch, or it can be the solenoid itself. Work your way back from he solenoid to the gas pedal and find the missing link... Best way is to use a voltmeter...

If the solenoid is NOT the problem, then check wiring from the solenoid to the starter. Check the starter for voltage... If it has voltage then your problem MIGHT be the starter/generator itself.

Hopefully this helps...
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
sassy95747
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Zarak - all information helps - it's new territory for us to have this job of maintaining and boy am I missing that cart right about now with the rain pouring down!!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
FireFighter802
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Please tell me about my EZGO golf cart

I have the smae cart only it is a 1995. i need a service manual and wondering if anyone knows where i can get a lift kit for this cart since it has coils on the rear of it and not leafsprings. plz anyone help thanks.

FireFighter802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
rc324
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighter802 View Post
I have the smae cart only it is a 1995. i need a service manual and wondering if anyone knows where i can get a lift kit for this cart since it has coils on the rear of it and not leafsprings. plz anyone help thanks.

I just put a lift kit on mine. It is the 4 inch lift kit for a marathon. Make sure you get the one for a gas motor it is the one for coil springs. I ordered mine from site sponsor Everything Carts.
rc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO