lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #21
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car/Kubota build

Well the owner picked up the cart Saturday, I drove it around for him, he didn't want to sit on the board I had for a seat since there was no body. It really runs good, it will even break the tires loose on dirt fo a couple feet. He's going to bring it by when he gets the body on it for a photo shoot, I post those then.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
He says he's going to use it around the house and pull his small Bass Boat around with it. It should have plenty of power with the low gears.. It's all back together, new throttle linkage built since I didn't know which was throttle and Diesel kill, I had a 50/50 chance and hooked up the kill to the gas pedal sooooo had to fix it, (I didn't win Lotto either), he's going to pick it up Saturday then I can get back on the Limo Pit Cart. This was a good build for me, learned a few things about Diesel and Club Car rear axles, don't really care for either, I'll take GAS and Yamaha or EZGO axles anyday!
What were your issues with the CC transaxle ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
What were your issues with the CC transaxle ?

Chris.
It turns in the wrong direction, EZGO, Yamaha, Columbia all turn one direction, CC wants to be different and put the Driven clutch on the Passenger side of the cart, so you have to install the engine backwards and use reverse for forward.That was the issue I had with this engine install.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Rifter
Although you did have to turn the motor around because the clutch is on the oppisite side, You are still using forward for forward. The reverse rotation Club car transaxle was not used until 1997. The cart you worked on was a 84-96. Just wanted to clarify for others. As always, Awesome build!!!!
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #25
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
Rifter
Although you did have to turn the motor around because the clutch is on the oppisite side, You are still using forward for forward. The reverse rotation Club car transaxle was not used until 1997. The cart you worked on was a 84-96. Just wanted to clarify for others. As always, Awesome build!!!!
Opps, I thought since it was in backward it probably turned backward, Thanks Tom but I still don't care much for Club Car. The crank cut worked great, Thanks so much for helping.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #26
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Anytime Rifter, Glad to help.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #27
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Got the Deisel cart back today, going to rebuild the Drive clutch, ordered the parts from Tom, CARTS PARTS PLUS. He also wants me to shorten the steering shaft, dont think that will be too bad a problem. I didn't quite get the exhaust right so I'll have to extend it a couple inches to clear the bag well bottom(I have the body on it now) so that will be easy. The cart owner has the wiring done it looks good, starts with a button. I'll post some pictures this weekend.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #28
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Ordered the clutch kit from Tom on Thursday got it Friday!! Can't beat Tom's service. From pulling the clutch, taking it apart, installing the kit and putting it back on the engine, about 45 minutes, piece of cake, it completely stopped all the clutch noise. I cut the steering shaft 6 inches, repacked the small bearing at the top of the shaft housing, added a piece of exhaust to add body clearance, owner picked it back up today.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

The cart runs real good, owner claims 38 MPH now. He likes the clutch rebuild as far as no noise now but the clutch comes in slower and he can't spin the tires anymore, he says it like Turbo lag. I can't think of anything else to do to it. He's going to get me some pics of the cart after the paint job is done.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Pictures would be great. Make shure to post some of the engine bay/clucth/headers, please.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps