lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2022, 05:54 PM   #1
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery expectation

I have a 14 club car precedent that I recently bought. It has a 6” lift with 14” wheels I’m not sure on the tire size. My question is riding how long should I expect the batteries to last between charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dirty904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Battery expectation

It really varies and depends on a lot of factors. Is the controller or motor upgraded? Back seat? How many people/how much additional weight? Upgrading either will decrease battery life/range due to higher draw to make the extra power. Flat pavement will last longer than flat grass. Flat will last longer than small hills which will last longer than big hills. Pedal to the floor 100% of the time will last longer than feathering it at half throttle. Etc…

What I’m getting at is it’s impossible to give an exact answer because we know nothing about the cart, terrain, or driving habits.

But generally speaking, if everything is stock and reasonable driving styles and terrain, I’d say an hour to hour and a half in my experiences. If you’re easy on it, and terrain is flat and pavement, probably get more. If you drive like I do then probably get less

This is also assuming lead acid batteries. I get a LOT more mileage out of lithium than I ever did with lead acid.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:36 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Too many unknowns. How old are the batteries, how were they cared for, what brand, etc.
You may have to just test it to find out. Use a voltage chart to know when the voltage is getting down to 50% charge - that is as low as you should routinely take it for max battery life.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #4
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

I know there are a lot of unknowns. It’s a lifted cart with a back seat it has 14” wheels and all terrain tires. I’m trying to determine if the batteries are ok or need replaced. I have a meter coming Wed. But after about 15-20 min of driving on a relatively flat road the battery light came on. I don’t know the history of the batteries or even a. True age. I was told they are a couple years old. I will replace them with lithium when these are bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dirty904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:37 PM   #5
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like the batteries are either low on water, or at there end of life. Definitely upgrade to lithium.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:48 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check and fill the water levels as necessary. Charge them until the charger shuts off. Let the cart sit overnight and check the voltage in the morning. Should be 50.9 or better. Then drive it again and see how long they last. The 20 minute thing could just be that they weren’t charged when you bought it or could be they’re toast.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:55 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nice looking cart! Most batteries have a date code on them so you can find out when they were manufactured. You need to know the manufacturer and then look up their date code decoder.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car