lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2022, 02:22 PM   #1
hammerkn0cker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MCOR problems?

I have a 2005 48V DS. Will a bad MCOR work in reverse sometimes but not in forward? Then 30 minutes later work in both directions? I want to be sure it's the problem before "just changing parts" as that can get expensive. F&W switch is good. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
hammerkn0cker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerkn0cker View Post
I have a 2005 48V DS. Will a bad MCOR work in reverse sometimes but not in forward? Then 30 minutes later work in both directions? I want to be sure it's the problem before "just changing parts" as that can get expensive. F&W switch is good. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
The MCOR will not cause this problem.

If this is a sepex cart, the wires from the F/R switch to the controller may be loose somewhere. Either that or the field wires from the controller to the motor may be loose.

If this is a series cart, the wires from the F/R lever to the motor need to be checked.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
hammerkn0cker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Tom 47 for the reply. Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with cart types it is a IQ cart with a tow/run switch, D&D motor and All Trax controller. Does that tell you enough for which of your suggestions I should check? I'm relieved it's not the MCOR.
Thanks
Old 07-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #4
Felipe1183
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thank you Tom 47 for the reply. Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with cart types it is a IQ cart with a tow/run switch, D&D motor and All Trax controller. Does that tell you enough for which of your suggestions I should check? I'm relieved it's not the MCOR.
Thanks
Sepex
Felipe1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks
You're welcome for any help I can give. Others may offer more based on their greater knowledge and experience.

You could have a bad F/R switch or loose wire connections on it. The brown and blue wires go to terminals 8 and 16 respectively on the controller. I would bet on the switch.

With one VOM lead on pack negative, and the rear of cart jacked up, probe for pack voltage at terminal 8 in forward and at terminal 16 in reverse. These two wires are what tells the controller which direction to go and any loose connection will cause erratic operation.

That said, make sure the Alltrax throttle type is set correctly for Club Car MCOR. Make sure there are 5 green light flashes when you turn on power to the controller. If you have 2 flashes indicating a 5k to 0 - 3 wire MCOR, which is technically correct, you will have erratic operation.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:26 AM   #6
hammerkn0cker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Tom47
Sorry for the long delay replying but I've had some medical stuff and just got home this morning. My son is coming out today to check it for me. I see the 5 green flashes then solid green on the controller when turning on the key. To do the test, we disconnect the 16-pin connector from the controller and check for voltage at pins 8 or 16 depending on fwd or rev when pressing the accelerator pedal, correct? Thank you again for your help!
Old 08-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's correct.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:55 AM   #8
hammerkn0cker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tom47 We finally got to check for voltage last night and we had 50 volts on forward and 50v on reverse. Plugged the controller back in and no go either way. 30 minutes later both directions work ???
Old 08-11-2022, 09:01 AM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Tom47 We finally got to check for voltage last night and we had 50 volts on forward and 50v on reverse. Plugged the controller back in and no go either way. 30 minutes later both directions work ???
I suspect the controller plug may be the issue. Insure the terminals and wire in the plug are pushed all the way in and then plug it back into the controller.

I think you are getting close to a fix here!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:45 AM   #10
hammerkn0cker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried reseating the plug and got the same symptoms then the next day it worked properly all day. We checked the cart last night and found that when it works for both directions the light on the controller stays green. However, when it fails to move the light goes from green to 5 red flashes when the pedal is pressed then released it goes back to green. I looked at the All-Trax DCX controller documentation and saw 3,6 and 7 red lights but not 5. We checked it several times to be sure of the count. I plan to contact All-Trax on monday and ask them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car