lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
coldheat
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo TXT Lithium Conversion - Choosing Batteries

I am looking to convert a 36v EzGo TXT (With Freedom Chip) to Lithium.

I have seen several options including 3x 12V 100AH with BMS built into the batteries as options online. Does anyone know if the BMS is an issue going up hills?

Manufacturer states 300Amp Max for 3 seconds.

The controller is the stock PDS controller(250AMP Max output), stock size wheels and tires.

Thanks
coldheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ezgo TXT Lithium Conversion - Choosing Batteries

We have a great 36 volt option as well as a few 48 volt options for the TXT. If you're looking to stick with 36 volts, we can do our 36/105 battery that gets roughly the same range as the stock lead acids. If you're looking for more range than that, you can add a second 36/105 and double your effective range.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:35 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

DON'T do 3 x 12's. Do a single battery solution with one BMS. You will be happy you did that. If you are happy with 36Volts, stick with it. If not, you can go to 48 but you will have to do other upgrades.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:18 PM   #4
DouggieFressh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

^^^

Listen to them. I wish I would have came here before ordering mine and just using Reddit. I would have ordered a single 36V.

If you are going to order 3x12v please don’t order the cheap ones. You will easily exceed 100 amps going uphill. I haven’t found a single 12v battery for under $600 that is actually rated for a golf cart.
DouggieFressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@Eco Battery View Post
We have a great 36 volt option as well as a few 48 volt options for the TXT. If you're looking to stick with 36 volts, we can do our 36/105 battery that gets roughly the same range as the stock lead acids. If you're looking for more range than that, you can add a second 36/105 and double your effective range.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
The 36V-105 listed on the website.
Is that a direct replacement for 6 Trojan 105's?
Does it include a charger?

1998 TXT with an Alltrax SPM-48500EZ Controller
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #6
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
The 36V-105 listed on the website.
Is that a direct replacement for 6 Trojan 105's?
Does it include a charger?

1998 TXT with an Alltrax SPM-48500EZ Controller
Duane,

Our 36/105 and 48/72 packs were designed to be more a less a direct replacement for a stock set of batteries. They get roughly the same range, although we have had many customers claim an increase in run time.

Our battery bundles include the battery, cart specific battery mount, charger, LCD gauge, 12 volt reducer and a direct replacement charging receptacle for most carts.

We try to make the conversions as pain free as possible, which is why we spend so much time designing various battery sizes/shapes, cart specific mounts, and components that all work together to reduce the need to source everything from different places.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:47 AM   #7
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@Eco Battery View Post
Our battery bundles include the battery, cart specific battery mount, charger, LCD gauge, 12 volt reducer and a direct replacement charging ... various battery sizes/shapes, cart specific mounts, and components that all work together to reduce the need to source everything from different places...
I don't see bundles on the website.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #8
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
I don't see bundles on the website.
We are right in the middle of launching our new site and have a few things "under construction." Check back next week and we should have some of that ironed out.

In the meantime, if you're curious about any of our individual components, you can find most of them on our accessory page below-

https://ecobattery.com/s/category/sh...t_state=%7B%7D
Old 08-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #9
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart is a 1998 TXT which already has reversing solenoids and an Alltrax 500 controller, still running 36volts.

My batteries are 8+ years now and my charger just failed.
Jumping to LiFEPO4's is of course more expensive but now that I need batteries and a charger the 48 volt upgrade is a consideration.

With the current speed and power mostly acceptable for our use, will increasing to 48 volts increase range as well as power and speed, given a typical cruise speed of 15 mph?

We used to use this cart at campgrounds but it is now limited to mostly around the community and yard work use.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:30 PM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

48v is a performance increase and it is a mild efficiency increase.

To calculate runtime is a difficult guess but to compare energy stored by the batteries is not. To compare one battery to the next look at the Watt Hours. If Watt Hours isn't available then you can calculate it by Watt Hours = Amp Hours * Voltage.

So a 36v/105ah battery is 3,780Wh. A 48v/72ah battery is 3,456Wh. Pretty close with the 48v pack a little behind. But 48v being slightly more efficient (assuming you maintain the 15mph speed) it may be practically the same. If you get a 48v/94ah that would be a 4,512Wh battery (and more efficient) and would travel further than the 36v/105ah.

Generally speaking, higher V will allow you to reach higher speeds. So you like 15mph but if you upgrade to 48v you may find 22 is more fun and 22mph is less efficient than 15mph in a golf cart (especially with the windshield up).

Another thought, if you have a higher voltage cart and want to go slower, just lift up on the accelerator a bit. If you have a lower voltage cart and want to go faster you'll need to upgrade... If the camp store is across the street and you have to play frogger to get across, that higher voltage/speed may prove useful. $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, ezgo, lithium, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO