lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive 2 lift options

When I bought the cart it had what I believe is a jakes 6" drop spindle lift and it was OK when everything else was stock but as I've upgraded the motor / controller the handling has become a mess at higher speeds and I'm swapping it for a RHOX BMF 6" A-Arm kit because I think the A-Arm kits are going to give me better control over the steering.

My question is can I not install the shock mount drop and get less lift out of it? I don't think I need that much lift and would be happier with 3-4 if it's possible. I've got 23" tires so I need a lift but how much really? I know that I'd then need to modify the rear left as well to keep it level but I don't think that would be all that tough.

Next question is can I swap the shocks from side to side to push the spindle mounts forward? My thought is it would lengthen the wheelbase a couple inches helping with higher speed handling.
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Drive 2 lift options

OK new lift is on and the front end is now tight like it should be. I'm still having a stability issue but I think that's tires and have a separate thread about it.

I like the new lift and I think it controls the front end MUCH better than the drop spindles but to be honest I don't need / want 6" of lift. Has anyone modified one of these to take a couple inches out? I'm thinking of drilling new holes in the upper shock mounts up front. I know I'd need to cut out the box that's welded in but don't think that would be an issue since it looks like it's just there to strengthen the assembly since the existing holes are a ways from anything else solid.

Then I'd just measure the rear to see how much it needs to come down and take that out of the top of the H bracket.

Thoughts?
Old 07-11-2022, 09:05 AM   #3
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Drive 2 lift options

Oh and I answered my own questions from the original post.

No you have to use the new top shock mounts because the new A-arms move the spindle forward a bit and the top is offset to match with the mount.

I didn't try the shocks on the "wrong" side but it looks like it wouldn't work after looking closer. I may still try it just to see but don't think it will work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts