lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022, 01:42 PM   #11
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: For the guys who've tackled low compression - input please

local shops that do that work are few and far between these days. I retired from machine work 20 years ago and my machinery hasn't sold yet and is probably no good now.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2022, 01:45 PM   #12
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would say get the golf cart plant kit if you get a kit it’s cheaper and better quality
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #13
Lochlin
Gone Wild

You can get a hone on Amazon for about $12. They are pretty much disposable at that price.

With regard to your cart, $300 for boring is insane. Understand that you can get a top end kit for your cart for $200. Google is your friend in these instances.

Your compression really isn't all that low. That said, your piston tells a different story which means that your compression gauge may be a bit faulty? Personally, I would get the standard rebuild kit and be done with it. Really, the top ends on these carts really aren't that tough to do and don't take any special skills or tools. A have found a ring compressor tool to be handy, though.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #14
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

try your local dirtbike atv shops for boring. my local Honda dealer bored a few cylinders for my G1 projects
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson