lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #31
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 EzGo Textron Marathon Spins Belt But No Spark

Vacuum leak could be lots of things, but most likely are fuel pump mounting and or crankcase seals. I guessing since you’ve been into the carb & reed valve you probably already looked over those gaskets.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2022, 09:57 AM   #32
1990.Ezgo.Cart
Not Yet Wild

I'm ordering new reed gaskets. From what I see online, there should be 2 installed on either side of the reed valve, but there was only one. I'm hopeful that's all it is, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be that lucky.

Two questions: For the oil injector pump, I just disconnected the tank and put a machine screw into the hole:

1 -Should I open the oil pump up, clean it and ensure the gasket is still good? I assume that can contribute to the vacuum sealing issue?

2 - There is still a line that goes from the oil pump to the carb. Can I leave it this way? Or should I disconnect the line from the pump to the carb and add machine screws in both?

Thank you! :)
1990.Ezgo.Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #33
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

There is an oil line that connects to the intake behind the carb. The banjo fitting should be removed, then plug the hole with a 6mm screw.

A slot on the end of the crankshaft drives a flat bladed shaft on the oil pump. It will not cause any engine leaks.

You could unbolt the pump and throw it in the trash while also getting rid of any cables connecting it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas ezgo, golfcart question, golfcart repair, no spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO