lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #1
George Bunn
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 tomberlin controller switch

Just purchased a 2007 tomberlin emerge that doesn't run. Can someone tell me what the controller switch does? The throttle sensor appears to be bad, I'm not getting the readings the maintenance manual says it should be but I don't like flipping switches I dont know anything about, and it is pretty well hidden so probably not meant to be switched regularly.
George Bunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2007 tomberlin controller switch

Assume you mean the Run/Tow switch. IT's there to help eliminate the accidental power to the controller while working on the vehicle or course towing it with power on. Because of regenerative braking, towing with power would cause the controller to see that as rolling away and fight it, so the motor would possibly burn out and take the motor with it.

Bottom line, it's meant to be used. If towing, put the switch in tow. If working on the cart and won't be needing power, put the switch in tow (I always disconnect a battery cable too). If not going to be driving the cart for an extended period and not on charge, put the switch in tow to help avoid any low level battery discharge while away.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:11 PM   #3
George Bunn
Not Yet Wild

There are 2 switches on this cart. The run tow switch is clearly visible when you lift the seat. The other switch is mounted up higher on the controller cover and is only visible when the rear cover is removed.
George Bunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:44 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I think what you are talking about is a second fuse holder that looks like it might be a switch. If you look at the photo item 21 might look like a switch but it is a fuse holder. There are two fuses next to the controller items 21 and 23 are fuses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6D81D36A-4A70-4971-8FFC-D86779694D12.jpg (43.5 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bunn View Post
There are 2 switches on this cart. The run tow switch is clearly visible when you lift the seat. The other switch is mounted up higher on the controller cover and is only visible when the rear cover is removed.
You're right! I had a 2008 Emerge (US model) with 2 switches in the controller cover on drivers side. The one that was accessible from under the seat was without function and the back one was the run/tow. The fuseholder Tech Support are talking about were on same side, but below the cover.

PS.
I've read something about a rabbit/turtle switch, but as said, on mine the one switch didn't work. The Curtis 1268 controller has 2 speed settings programmable, on the European Tomberlins these were choosed by the key switch.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin