lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #1
48V
Not Yet Wild

Post Wheels/tires & Performance/comfort

First time BGW poster, long time car forum user. Looking around, I can’t seem to find the discussion I’m looking for. Plz point me in the right direction if this has already been beaten to death somewhere on here.

I’ve got a 97 EZGO and need to upgrade the stock wheels/tires. In car land, I’m used to stiffer side walls helping cornering at the sacrifice of a little comfort, stickier tires cornering/braking better but wearing faster, large wheels with low pro tires cornering better but losing some comfort, smaller wheels with taller tires being more comfortable but sacrificing some performance, and then lighter/stronger is better than heavy/poor-construction. Do all the same rules apply to carts?

My real question is- what’s the best pre-mounted wheel/tire combo I can get that will bolt right up without having to make any suspension changes, corner as well as possible while also being reasonably comfortable, and be a good value (I’m not entering any competitions)? I’ll pay top dollar if it’s worth it, but don’t need to go crazy.

Hoping to have some discussion about it. I’m street only. 48V setup. Any input helps.
48V is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2022, 08:56 AM   #2
48V
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wheels/tires & Performance/comfort

82 Views and 0 Replies. lol

Anyhoo, just an FYI I ended up going with the street radial version of these (you have to scroll right through the pics to see it):
https://www.golfcartking.com/modz-10...-wheels-combo/

I went with the 10” wheel (instead of 11”) in hopes the taller tire will keep comfort good, but this radial has a stiffer sidewall and is wider than stock with an aggressive street tread pattern, which should help the cornering. I was happy to learn pretty quickly that EZGO can fit a 20” overall-height setup without having to be lifted, so as long as these fit when they get here in a couple weeks, the taller overall should hopefully give me an extra mph or two and also make the whole thing more composed. So wish me luck, fellas!
48V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:43 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheels/tires & Performance/comfort

Welcome to BGW. I'm with you on this. I need higher performance tires on a muscle or sports car not my golf cart. To me 20-21" tires on 8 inch rims for the maximum sidewall is the sweetest ride for my old back. Lets face it leaf springs do not give the best ride. The rears are 6 ply ATC tires. Fronts are 4 ply GC tires.
The more sidewall you have the more tire suspension you get. I got 20x8x8 fronts and 21x10x8 rears. 1 inch spacer required in the rear to maintain clearance in hard corners and severe terrain. And these will do severe terrain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (64.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg .001.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!