lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #181
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconLightning View Post
Yep. Great acceleration for the bigger I60L. I get to 25 in 5-6 seconds on a flat road now. Feels good to be able to get up to speed and not impede traffic much.
Good stuff here
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #182
3i3
Not Yet Wild

Hello all!
I have a 2022 Advanced EV six seater, lifted and new icon controller. I purchased a programing cable (arrives tomorrow) and have to icon software with working admin password. Currently my cart goes 22 mph and the speedometer reports 26.

Can someone help me with the items I need to change in the software?
3i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #183
derelicte
Gone Wild

I suggest you read through this entire thread. Everything you need is in here. The admin password doesn't work but you don't need it anyways.

Before you make any changes, back up the existing config from your controller AND take screen shots of every page so you can go back and fix something if you make any mistakes.

You really only need to change one parameter to adjust the top speed and another to fix the speedometer. Everything else is just to tweak the controller to perform to your liking.

Have fun!
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #184
3i3
Not Yet Wild

I have a working Admin password if anyone wants it. (v3.04)
3i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:59 PM   #185
jstjohnz
Not Yet Wild

Sure, would be appreciated. BTW, how do you go about logging in as admin or one of the other privileged levels? I don't see an option (maybe just haven't looked close enough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3i3 View Post
I have a working Admin password if anyone wants it. (v3.04)
jstjohnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:32 AM   #186
AdamP
Getting Wild

Sure please post it
AdamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:02 PM   #187
Redjetpak
Not Yet Wild

I ordered the cable, followed the instructions inside (mine was one that liked to keep disconnecting from the software) and tweaked based on settings found here. Man my AEV drives and brakes so much better. Thanks all. It was doing 22mph best when I received it.

I live in the TX Hill Country and am plagued by the lack of hill climbing ability - can barely climb my driveway at more than 5mph. I see that this might just be a limitation of the cart motor power, although the dealer told me it would be no issue. I noticed there was a torque setting for low speed - would this be applicable and worth trying? 2022 AEV Advent 4L.
Redjetpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #188
Scottrod43
Not Yet Wild

I would love the password
Scottrod43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:49 PM   #189
derelicte
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Josh,

High Speed Mode:
06.02.04 - Fwd Acc Full HS - Set the acceleration time when the full accelerator pedal is pressed and the speed is higher than the "High Speed" point
06.02.05 - Fwd Acc Full LS - Set the acceleration time when the full accelerator pedal is pressed and the speed is higher than the "Low Speed" point;
06.02.06 - Fwd Acc Partial - Set the acceleration time when part of the accelerator is pressed
06.02.07 - Fwd Dec Full HS - Set the deceleration time above the "High Speed" point after the accelerator pedal is released
06.02.08 - Fwd Dec Full LS - Set the deceleration time below the "Low Speed" point after the accelerator pedal is released
06.02.09 - Fwd Dec Partial - Set the deceleration time after partially releasing the pedal
Matt,

Are 6.02.02 (SPR High Speed) and 6.02.03 (SPR Low Speed) the high speed and low speed points used by .04 and .05? At what point is partial used?

I'm wondering if the low speed rpm point is the upper limit for .05 and partial is between the low speed and high speed points. That would make sense to me.

Also, my cart has the high speed rpm (.02) set to 7200, which implies to me I am never using the hs accel time. That would explain why changing .04 (acc full hs) does nothing for my acceleration time.

I also wonder if changing the speed response mode from complex to simple would make it behave like the low speed switch mode.

What settings do you have in .02 and .03?
Old 08-22-2022, 08:34 PM   #190
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Simple mode FTW!

I tried changing the speed response mode (6.02.01) from complex to simple mode and it did what I guessed in the above post - it eliminated the multiple speed acc and dec times and made it operate like the low speed mode settings!

yay!

It is way easier to tune this way. Just 2 parameters to fiddle with. I am now seeing almost 300a during acceleration. I haven't timed it but it seems a little quicker.

Note that my settings in the screen shots below are backwards from normal carts - my high speed mode is normal mode and low speed mode is ludicrous mode with higher top speed, faster acc and more aggressive regen.

Give it a shot!

edit:

If you change the mode, disconnect the sw, power cycle the controller and reconnect. I noticed that after changing the mode but not power cycling it had an extra parameter that disappeared after a power cycle. It through me for a loop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06 speed tab simple 1.jpg (158.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 06 speed tab simple 2.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon