lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
harkdh
Not Yet Wild

Default Paint prep of an already repainted fiberglass shell

I have a 2013 Club Car Precedent with a fiberglass shell. The previous owner painted it with a custom glossy paint, not sure what type of paint was used. Wondering what the proper prep is. Do I need ro remove 100% of the existing paint to ensure proper adhesion? Or wet sand with 1000 grit would be sufficient? Maybe a recommended first coat to ensure adhesion?

Thanks
harkdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Paint prep of an already repainted fiberglass shell

I don't have a Precedent but pretty sure it is plastic not fiberglass. That being said, as long as the current paint is in good condition as far as not peeling or flaking off then you do not have to remove it. You can just sand it and then repaint. I would think a primer or at least a sealer would be best before you finish it. All depends on what finish you want.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center