lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #31
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas Tac 2 install battery issues

Real difficult... you said 50.2 - 50.4v on the multimeter, that's only 85-90% SOC for the US batteries ( 48v pack voltage should be at least 50.93v fully charged ). To find out, if there are any parasitic drain, disconnect the battery pack negative for some time, when charging completed. Check the voltage after ~ 10-12 hrs, and again later. To check for any dragging, switch to tow and push the cart... it should roll freely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2022-07-28-22-19-10.jpg (97.7 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2022, 04:47 AM   #32
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just for comparation, my Trojans actually are showing 51.7v, ~ 12 hours after the charge. I would expect the same range with the US batteries
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:43 AM   #33
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Just for comparation, my Trojans actually are showing 51.7v, ~ 12 hours after the charge. I would expect the same range with the US batteries
Again thank you for your reply! My US batteries are showing 51.6 about 18 hrs after charge, checked levels again this morning with a hydrometer, all battles reading about 127. I have load tested the pack with a Lester Load Tester I borrowed from my cart mechanic, and run a multi-meter to each battery under load. I have completely determined the batteries are not the issue. The Lester Summitt II charger is awesome compared to the Delta Q that came with the cart.
coug86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:44 AM   #34
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug86 View Post
Again thank you for your reply! My US batteries are showing 51.6 about 18 hrs after charge, checked levels again this morning with a hydrometer, all battles reading about 127. I have load tested the pack with a Lester Load Tester I borrowed from my cart mechanic, and run a multi-meter to each battery under load. I have completely determined the batteries are not the issue. The Lester Summitt II charger is awesome compared to the Delta Q that came with the cart.
The cart rolls freely when in tow.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:15 PM   #35
Cboy7
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hi,
I have that same cart and 600 amp navitas.
can you post which model you have? mine said
" Yamaha YDRE2 Drive2 2017-Up with AC NEOS Controller
Yamaha PTV 2015 & 2016 with AC NEOS Controller"
also i kept the yamaha ydre firmware.

That said, i had some issues at first and then got new batteries , new cables.

also the max amp draw setting, I lowered a bit to save the batteries and now it hasnt went into limp mode in a long time.

also when it does go limp i turn key off and wait a few seconds and then it goes again.

let me know if theres anything else i can test or diagnose
Cboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #36
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboy7 View Post
Hi,
I have that same cart and 600 amp navitas.
can you post which model you have? mine said
" Yamaha YDRE2 Drive2 2017-Up with AC NEOS Controller
Yamaha PTV 2015 & 2016 with AC NEOS Controller"
also i kept the yamaha ydre firmware.

That said, i had some issues at first and then got new batteries , new cables.

also the max amp draw setting, I lowered a bit to save the batteries and now it hasnt went into limp mode in a long time.

also when it does go limp i turn key off and wait a few seconds and then it goes again.

let me know if theres anything else i can test or diagnose
Thanks for the reply! I have almost given up on this situation. The Navitas guys have gone radio silent on me. The batteries and cables were new when I bought the cart, probably only have about 50 charge cycles on them. I have tested them every which way and I am convinced they are not the issue. Do not really want to invest in another battery pack, but if I can't figure it out pretty soon I may have to go there. What setting number did you turn your amp draw settings too?
When my cart fails, it is approximately 7-8 holes into a golf round after driving it approximately a mile or so to the course. It just dies, no limp mode, just error codes from Navitas. When you step on the forward pedal, nothing happens. I turn it for a while and it always seems to work after about 5 minutes or so. I also have had success having a buddy push me with his cart for about 40 yards or so and it will kick back into running. This will happen a number of times on the back 9. The odd thing is that I will drive it all of the way home after playing and all is good.
Old 10-15-2022, 12:31 PM   #37
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I know this thread is a little old, but since I went through a little of this myself (Maybe not the same issue, but AN issue), I thought I'd share my experience. I found out my Navitas was drawing current continuously if I didn't turn the key off and after my charger (Powerdrive 3) would finish overnight, it would leech the pack way down. Mind that before I removed the resistor across the solenoid my controller would continue to draw even with the key OFF, which I guess is why they say to nix it in the instructions.(The Powerdrive doesn't kick back on except on a 15 day timer or something...not in response to depleted battery levels) By morning the cart would be at a much lower voltage even though in my mind it was chock full, and I never thought to check. I'd experience intermittent "limp" under full throttle after a mile or so driving the cart and scratch my head, thinking "what the heck?". It'd be fine if I babied it. Swapped new batteries in before I realized what was going on, and though that swap needed doing anyways, in retrospect I'd probably have been fine for a bit longer if I'd even considered that the controller was the draw.

The voltage readings on my Navitas app are always 2v lower than what I read with a DVM, and 1v lower than the meter on my dash (Which I also installed because I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on). Someone can correct me, but I don't think the controller is what's putting the cart in limp.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navitas battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha