lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2022, 05:27 PM   #1
BarrieAustin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation Yamaha UMAX 2+2 freewheels going downhill.

I have a new Yamaha UMAX 2+2 for which the dealer was unable to get the normal Trojan batteries. I installed a 48-volt, 150 Amp Hour "Cyclen" Lithium battery, In theory it should have many advantages.

When going downhill, the BMS cuts out at about 19MPH and the cart freewheels.

The first time this happened we reached 28MPH before getting it slowed down. Of course, once the BMS has gone open circuit you have to disconnect the power to reset it. Fully loaded, the cart goes into freewheel at 16 MPH.

The Yamaha manual (page 9-26) suggests the REGEN can be set. (Modes 11 - 25) but I have no idea how to do that. Any leads? Also, would a change to the regen (or even speed) adjust the voltage/current flow to the BMS?

BTW: The battery charges at 30 Amps and 53 volts so the wattage from the electric motor would not seem to be an issue.
BarrieAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2022, 09:31 PM   #2
BarrieAustin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha UMAX 2+2 freewheels going downhill.

More details: The controller is a 48M350F-EA-06. It dumps over 100 amps during regen -- above the battery specs. The highest I have read is 128 amps on regen and 260 amps on accelerate (which did not trip). Is this normal or high?
BarrieAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genius, lithium, regen. speed control
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha