lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Default More 4 Flashes questions

I have. 48v Eagle with the controller (6 post style) flashing 4 times. The contractor does not transfer full battery voltage when energized and the cart will not move in either direction. I was going to replace the contractor for this and found there is a 24v Albright contractor on it (SW80-1418 25V CO). Can this be replaced with a 48v contractor (sw80-2028P DC48v PO) without causing problems?
Columbia Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: More 4 Flashes questions

No not without reprogramming the controller. It is programmed to provide only 24 volts to engage the contactor. The contactor should measure about 52 ohms across the coil.

Four flash can be bad contactor or motor brush issue.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

The contactor does measure 51 ohm across the coil but the click is much weaker that it used to be. The issue occurred last week and then went away. I measures the contactor when working and it provided full battery voltage across the large terminals. Thanks for the tip. I will get the 24v contactor as I have no way to reprogram the controller.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

By the way. Your link to evtechincalservices is a winner. Thanks for the 15% savings-it covered my shipping costs!
Old 12-12-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Glad to see you went with the newer replacement instead of the original too which is half the price. Factory already made the changeover so the field may as well too. Will ship out tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #6
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

The new contractor corrected my four flashes code. Now intermittently the cart will lose response from the accelerator pedal. I will have to turn the f/r switch to neutral and then back to forward before the cart will respond again. Is it possible the f/r switch is acting up or is it more likely the pedal position sensor is failing? What is the best way to test these two components?
Old 12-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Intermittent is tough. The f/r switch is a lot more common of a replacement part due to failure than the switch on the accelerator. Another area is the plug that goes into the controller sometimes gets loose and just needs to be cleaned with electronics cleaner snd plugged back in securely but my bet would be the f/r switch. Would be just an ohms check but being intermittent you might not catch it.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #8
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I will do a sweep test on the accelerator. but you are right about intermittent being a rough one to find. I may order the switch as a back up plan any way.
Do you know if the non-removable key for the F/R switch is one size-fits-al, and I could transfer it to the replacement switch?
Old 12-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It fits all and CAN be swapped over.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #10
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: More 4 Flashes questions

So, here is an interesting question. Is there a Battery conversation mode built into the controller? When I was have having the intermittent cutting out issue my state of charge was down near 1/4 or less. I took the cart out with a full charge yesterday and it performed flawlessly for a couple hours, which makes me think there is a "saver" mode that kicks in when there is a risk of total battery depletion? Thoughts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar