lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
tofast4u2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Picking First Golf Cart Please

Hi all, sorry for the long post in advance but I am struggling to find info from end users. I have driven many golf carts over the years on the course. Some were smooth and easy to maneuver and others wouldn’t track straight or lacked power in a big way. Now that I have a home in a gated Florida community where everyone uses carts to get around as well as playing golf. Only electric is allowed and I wanted a 4 seater. I am losing my mind on which brand is best, battery type, lifted non lifted and AC vs DC motors. Money is not really the issue as buying a new quality product where if needed a MFG would stand behind the product. Since I am only going to be in Florida a couple of months a year for now I thought a Lithium battery would allow for less care when not in service. The Club Car dealer wants to start with a new Onward with DC motor and change out the lead batteries for Lithium. The EZ-Go dealer thinks their Lithium AC motor set up in a RXV is the way to go with less issues and more power then the Club Car. Both think 10” wheels are fine and so do I. Cost is still about 15k for 2022 carts including all the options and tax. I would love to hear recommendations on the two brands and which set up would be best for my low usage with excellent longevity. Thanks Jack
tofast4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Help Picking First Golf Cart Please

When shopping this route (new) verses going used private sale somewhere like on Market Place, I would lean more toward what dealer/shop had to offer in the way of warranty, how long, what is covered and more important what is not!!
(referencing the lithium battery conversion in the club car, is that covered in writing?).
Along with warranty, how about pick up and delivery if there is an issue? is that covered or maybe worked into the purchase deal?

Both are great carts, I like the sound of the ezgo just for the fact it sounds like the Lithium pack is factory installed a not a swap out.
Both being new caarts it would be more of comparing warranty and service,
Go to both shops and ask to be taken for a tour of the service and parts are for comparison, Housekeeping has always been a factor when I need to choose one over another.
Wow, Got long winded......darn coffee.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help Picking First Golf Cart Please

I agree that Club Car and EZGO are both good brands with proven track records. Unless it's changed over the years, EZGO has a steel frame and Club Car has an aluminum frame and both have their downsides. I would gladly pay a little more now and be less disappointed later so I would say go AC and lithium at least 48 volts or maybe even 72 volts. Better to have too much power and not need it all than to have too little and have to buy more later. I would buy a top brand with reliable service nearby, someday you'll need something fixed and parts readily available. I'd rather not wait for the slow boat from China. For what it's worth.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs