lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
Budkitc
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas or Electric

Hey all - I'm doing my research.
Thought on gas vs electric?
Is there a certain age NOT to go gas?
Is there a year NOT to go electric?
I'm sure tech has gotten better for both styles.

Thanks.

Doug
Budkitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas or Electric

The biggest difference to me when it comes to gas vs electric is starting cost (Gas carts usually run a bit more for same age), cost of maintenance(Gas cart usually around $100 a year where-as electric will hit you with $500 every 4-5 years for battery replacement...so Ones over time where-as the other is all at once. Tech has got much better over the years as newer gas carts are now fuel injected and much quieter which was one reason people really liked electric back in the day. Its more of a personal preference now days whether you don't mind charging up a cart once in a while or you just wanna get on go with a gas cart. There are plenty of upgrades and advantages to each set up. A lot of questions about certain years to get or not get are going to be determined by which manufacturer you decide on (Yamaha, EZ Go and Club Car ALL had bad years and good years)...research will be key and if you find one you have your eye on post a little about it and you will get some good info to help with your decision...hope that helps a little
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Budkitc
Not Yet Wild

Would you buy a 1990 club car DS 36 VOLT?
Batteries are good.
Wire harness needs to be rewired.
$1000
Budkitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Me personally I would look for a cart with a controller style set-up...If I remember correctly a 90 Club Car has the 5 solenoid set-up not a controller and tends to have issues with those solenoids going out and microswitch's that operate them going bad...that being said for 1000 bux you have plenty of room for upgrades and you can turn that cart into a controller style with enough time and money and good carts are difficult to find right now at a decent price...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs