lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2021, 03:42 AM   #11
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 gas wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
I'll be following this thread for your results. I'm working with one that has driven me up a tree. I've already replaced and gapped the pulsar coil, taken the coil off and placed it on another cart .. it ran fine there. The ignitor, I have replaced TWICE with new aftermarket because they were cheap. NEITHER WORKED ! Then I was told that the aftermarket were wired different, so I tried that. Still no spark. All grounds are as clean as the driven snow, and all connections are good. Currently, I am waiting for delivery of a THIRD ignitor, but this time I'm spending the bucks and going with EzGo OEM, and keeping my fingers crossed. If I had a cart available to look at, I'd like to know if the wires on the OEM ignitor are supposed to match the color of the wires at the harness. I've heard different views, and the wiring diagran isn't specific, leading me to believe they should match. Also, my coil isnt designated polarity on the primary terminals, and when I ran it on another cart, makes no difference if you swap white and red ... runs just as good either way.
I'll be getting back to this cart soon, as I need to get rid of it before winter hits. Just wanted to let you know
Skydivertony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 07:01 AM   #12
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Back to this cart again. Just changed the pulsar and still no spark. Now.. new coil, new ignitor (module) and pulsar. I checked the resistance of all the wiring and it is good. The pulsar isn't breaking the ground. I hook ground to one of the wires at the unplugged pulsar, and the clip end of my test light to positive battery. I turn the motor over with the starter and probe the test light to the other end of the plug to the pulsar. It doesn't flash. The gap is set correctly at .025. I'm thinking that this cheap pulsar is no good?
Old 07-31-2022, 07:20 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivertony View Post
Back to this cart again. Just changed the pulsar and still no spark. Now.. new coil, new ignitor (module) and pulsar. I checked the resistance of all the wiring and it is good. The pulsar isn't breaking the ground. I hook ground to one of the wires at the unplugged pulsar, and the clip end of my test light to positive battery. I turn the motor over with the starter and probe the test light to the other end of the plug to the pulsar. It doesn't flash. The gap is set correctly at .025. I'm thinking that this cheap pulsar is no good?
What reading did you get when you checked the original pulser ? should be 19 to 21 ohms. Check the cheap one also. These pulsers normally just don't go bad.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:33 AM   #14
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
What reading did you get when you checked the original pulser ? should be 19 to 21 ohms. Check the cheap one also. These pulsers normally just don't go bad.
Well ... the new one reads 200 ohms and the old one 20 ohms. Gues I'll put the old one back on and look for a bad module or bad ground somewhere.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:05 AM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivertony View Post
Well ... the new one reads 200 ohms and the old one 20 ohms. Gues I'll put the old one back on and look for a bad module or bad ground somewhere.
There is nothing wrong with the pulser you took off. Set it to .020.
I noticed this post started last year and you mentioned you were buying the OEM ignitor ?
Did you do that because they are no longer available ? Call some ezgo dealers and see what they have.
Did this cart have the OEM ignitor on it to begin with ? They can only be tested on a running cart.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:27 AM   #16
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the pulser you took off. Set it to .020.
I noticed this post started last year and you mentioned you were buying the OEM ignitor ?
Did you do that because they are no longer available ? Call some ezgo dealers and see what they have.
Did this cart have the OEM ignitor on it to begin with ? They can only be tested on a running cart.
So I took an OEM ignitor off of a running cart. And voila ... I have hot spark. But now I have low compression in one cylinder. Maybe a stuck valve? It ran good before the "no spark" issue. I will pull the valve cover off in an hour or so to see.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:36 AM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Your inlet valves will almost certainly be tight and need adjustment. If you end up with several more threads above the locknut than the exhaust valves, then it is likely that the inlet valves need replacing as they are worn and sinking into the valve seat in the head.

Good luck trying to find a working igniter.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:23 AM   #18
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

So I took the rocker cover off and saw a huge gap on the exhaust valve clearance on the suspect cylinder. The valve must've been stuck open at some point in time and got struck by the piston while cranking the engine. So I pulled the engine and took the head off. Pics attached

I will also order a new ignitor from my nearby Ezgo dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1620.jpg (150.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1625.jpg (186.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2023, 06:13 AM   #19
Skydivertony
Not Yet Wild

Put new valves and valve seals in it last fall. Running like it should.
Old 04-23-2023, 06:44 AM   #20
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

How did I miss your last post lol. Glad you got it running.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO