lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #91
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: RoyPow Concern / Issue

The best way to determine the suitability of a lithium pack is to determine your amperage profile during your typical usage period.

There is no timer inside these packs that cuts off after so many seconds, the ratings are typically about thermal management.

If you have a short or intermittent duty cycle, you can probably get away with more discharge amps than their calculated/estimates, specially in colder ambient temperatures.

However if your cruising amps exceed the "continuous" rating, or you reach their max discharge duration estimations often, it will likely fail for you.

I think it is a good idea to install an amp meter before you decide on which pack to purchase in order to get an idea of how much current your cart uses and for how long.

That are too many variables between two different carts and their typical use to be able to rely on any one persons experience.

I am personally not impressed with the current market options for "drop-ins", the existing ones seem to be either under powered or over priced.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #92
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Current during hard acceleration is pretty high. I can monitor lots of things with my Alltrax controller and I do get close to 400 amps on hard acceleration. I have my max battery and motor current set at 400 amps. I could probably get by with setting it at 350 but not much lower.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #93
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Current during hard acceleration is pretty high. I can monitor lots of things with my Alltrax controller and I do get close to 400 amps on hard acceleration. I have my max battery and motor current set at 400 amps. I could probably get by with setting it at 350 but not much lower.
you know what the answer is...Morvolts
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #94
theedge87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I am running my Roypow on 22" tires and PH Bandit motor and stock controller so far no issues. Getting 30 mph and no problems with cutting out even on hills. Now I live in the suburbs of Houston so, we only have a few hills to begin with for some overpasses.
theedge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium