lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2018, 08:22 PM   #21
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Rack and Pinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
I'm interested in that height control. I don't plan on riding all the way aired up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This is what we used in the truck business. They offer tech help if you need it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHASSIS-HEI...5.c10#viTabs_0
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #22
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. I'll definitely need tech support because I have no idea how or where to install that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
This is what we used in the truck business. They offer tech help if you need it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHASSIS-HEI...5.c10#viTabs_0
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:00 PM   #23
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

It is mounted to the frame with the control arm hanging over the suspension to be controlled. It's connected with an adjustable length rod to the A- frame - when properly adjusted the suspension rises to the predetermined height. Air lines should be the same size all the way throughout your system. I would suggest at least 1/4" diameter plastic air line and as few fittings as possible. This creates fast reaction time in the way the system operates. The lay out in the pictures shows basic ideas needed to mount the height control valve.
Attached Images
File Type: png Air Bag Setup.png (111.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Air Bag Setup 1.jpg (5.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #24
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the information. This gives me something else to think about as far as controlling ride height. I was considering using an AccuAir E-Level system with my AccuAir VU4 but wasn't sure about the setup. This explanation is helpful.
Quote:
It is mounted to the frame with the control arm hanging over the suspension to be controlled. It's connected with an adjustable length rod to the A- frame - when properly adjusted the suspension rises to the predetermined height. Air lines should be the same size all the way throughout your system. I would suggest at least 1/4" diameter plastic air line and as few fittings as possible. This creates fast reaction time in the way the system operates. The lay out in the pictures shows basic ideas needed to mount the height control valve.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #25
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

One thing to remember about using car or camper leveling systems. They operate at much higher pressure then what you need to hold up a 800lb cart, and that's a high number for the weight. You'll only need a few psi to hold up the weight of the cart compared to a 30 foot camper.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is true. That's why I wasn't sure about the setup because of the huge difference in scale. I think it'll be easier to adapt a system like you described because I can scale it down for my needs and the cost is more reasonable.
Quote:
One thing to remember about using car or camper leveling systems. They operate at much higher pressure then what you need to hold up a 800lb cart, and that's a high number for the weight. You'll only need a few psi to hold up the weight of the cart compared to a 30 foot camper.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #27
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

While auto ride height might be cool, Why not go all the way and valve it to be able to inflate/deflate each "corner" individually! Cruise down the street on three wheels, or one side up other at the pavement, or front end topped out rear bumper draggin' ect,,,,!:mr green:
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #28
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm actually setting it up with my AVS 7 switch box and AccuAir VU4. I'll have all the individual mobility I need. [emoji16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
While auto ride height might be cool, Why not go all the way and valve it to be able to inflate/deflate each "corner" individually! Cruise down the street on three wheels, or one side up other at the pavement, or front end topped out rear bumper draggin' ect,,,,![emoji106]
Old 11-07-2018, 08:29 PM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That front suspension setup is never going to steer properly with a steering rack. Your inner control arm pivots are too close together for any steering rack to fit between. You’ll have major bump steer when driving and major toe angle problems every time you change height because your tie rods will be too short, and the angle of the tie rods in relation to the angle of the control arms will change every time the suspension moves.

Some info that should help:
http://www.longacreracing.com/techni...aspx?item=8162
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #30
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input. It's all a learning experience for me, so I guess this is just another lesson I'll have to figure out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
That front suspension setup is never going to steer properly with a steering rack. Your inner control arm pivots are too close together for any steering rack to fit between. You’ll have major bump steer when driving and major toe angle problems every time you change height because your tie rods will be too short, and the angle of the tie rods in relation to the angle of the control arms will change every time the suspension moves.

Some info that should help:
http://www.longacreracing.com/techni...aspx?item=8162

Tags
bagged, control arms, ezgo 2006, rack and pinion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!