lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #11
richy717
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Parts List For 18 Amp Alternator

My experience with my recent predator swap I thought I had a charging issue but come to find out if you ground the motor to frame motor mount and battery it's actually charges fine if battery is all the way charged to start with.bought a new battery from store and guess it had lost some charge on shelf or maybe not charged completely but had to put battery on charger on trickle all night and next day it was fine and haven't had to put battery on charger since before Christmas and we night ride alot with two 50w led light pods and all other lights plus phone charger and radio .all running off stock motor and charging system .when we ride we just ride and creep with no issue with battery dying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
richy717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #12
Bigheadody
Not Yet Wild

How much is this conversion with shipping? What’s average anyway.
Bigheadody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #13
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I wanted to update this sticky with UT2 part numbers for those who want a digital auto advance ignition coil.

https://www.boats.net/product/honda/30500-Z5K-801 digital coil

https://www.boats.net/product/honda/31110-Z5T-860 digital coil flywheel
Attached Images
File Type: png Coil UT2.png (50.1 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #14
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

What is max rpm with the oem 4 magnet flywheel listed? I bought these parts awhile back close to 2 years now just getting around to installing them potentially on new 460 build. Do you still run your governor?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #15
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
What is max rpm with the oem 4 magnet flywheel listed? I bought these parts awhile back close to 2 years now just getting around to installing them potentially on new 460 build. Do you still run your governor?
I still run both 460's with the 4 magnet flywheel. One has the UT-1 system and the second has the UT-2 ignition system. I talked with Russell Thompson from NR Racing -- what is the max rpm of a Genuine Honda flywheel? He couldn't give me a number but in the same breathe he said he never heard of a genuine honda flywheel fragmenting. There are no governors on these engines and l've run them up 4800 rpm so far.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #16
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I still run both 460's with the 4 magnet flywheel. One has the UT-1 system and the second has the UT-2 ignition system. I talked with Russell Thompson from NR Racing -- what is the max rpm of a Genuine Honda flywheel? He couldn't give me a number but in the same breathe he said he never heard of a genuine honda flywheel fragmenting. There are no governors on these engines and l've run them up 4800 rpm so far.
Awesome. I bought all the parts to put on my 420cc but I think I am going to build up a 460 to put in the carryall.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #17
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Shepard one other question about the regulator/rectifier. I purchased the kohler one you posted do these need air flow/get hot? I saw you said you mounted on engine shroud near the flywheel for cooling. The stock club car ones are mounted in the black box. I read the club car starter generator puts out around 16 amps and they mount the factory regulator in the black box. Is there an issue mounting the Koehler one in there? I’ve also seen a onan one (onan #191-2277) rated for 20 amps and was wondering if it would work and mount in there. Trying to keep engine bay tidy but obviously functional!
Old 05-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #18
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Shepard one other question about the regulator/rectifier. I purchased the kohler one you posted do these need air flow/get hot? I saw you said you mounted on engine shroud near the flywheel for cooling. The stock club car ones are mounted in the black box. I read the club car starter generator puts out around 16 amps and they mount the factory regulator in the black box. Is there an issue mounting the Koehler one in there? I’ve also seen a onan one (onan #191-2277) rated for 20 amps and was wondering if it would work and mount in there. Trying to keep engine bay tidy but obviously functional!
This is the rectifier I'm using now, I found a source of cheap Harley Davidson full wave rectifiers -- they look great are priced right and function flawlessly. Basic 4 wire hookup - 2 AC wires - one wire to battery and the body of the unit is ground.

https://www.bmikarts.com/Rectifier-R...80_p_7028.html
Old 05-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #19
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
This is the rectifier I'm using now, I found a source of cheap Harley Davidson full wave rectifiers -- they look great are priced right and function flawlessly. Basic 4 wire hookup - 2 AC wires - one wire to battery and the body of the unit is ground.

https://www.bmikarts.com/Rectifier-R...80_p_7028.html
PS -- all rectifiers like these are air cooled - there not like the mechanical ones used for a generator/starter -- don't hide them in a box. The Kohler model is mounted in the fan shroud so it needs air movement around it.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

10-4 so mounting it on the shroud. I haven’t even pulled the kohler one out of the box it’s been sitting in there with bunch motor parts for over a year! This the onan unit:

same deal 2 ac wires from stator 1 dc + out to battery and then grounded through the body/mounting tab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C84F3C18-2FD2-42D1-AE15-694EEF718B1D.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps