lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Carry all 1 help

Ray, does that one have factory heat for the cab. Or was that only on the Carryall II?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I don't see anything like that but don't really know much about this cart's history. Many of the carts that come here to retire have had tough lives.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #13
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

iknow that the 400 and 350 look alike, but the flang position is just a couple of degrees off. the muffler ends up over by the drivers rail.
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Carry all 1

The really different item is the F/R shift lever coming out of the middle of the dashboard from a drivers point of view. That nifty aluminum dump bed for the utility usage.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got the cart running with new exhaust system. It did take some fitting. BUT when I went on a test drive the steering is Very tight and notchy. Scared the devil out of me. I see on line that the club cars use a rack and pinion system with double universal joints connecting the rack to the column. Does the rack need to be replaced ? Is the some adjustment that is normal ? Do the universal joints require some sort of lubrication ? I did the exhaust as sort of help to the builders friend. BUT I don't want get myself into a project with untold hours of work.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:06 PM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Here are the pics of the finished product. Runs smooth and is VERY quiet. Purrs like a kitten.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0635.jpg (269.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0636.jpg (276.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #17
unknwn
Getting Wild

The carryalls are blessed with a much tighter turning radius that a DS style.
My Turf 1 had a steering problem that I diagnosed as the steering rack stop (a stout clip on the right end of the steering rack) popped out of it's groove and allowed the steering rack to travel past the pinion and cause all sorts of consternation about "why won't my steering wheel stay centered?".
The accordion boot on the driver's side is where this problem resides.
The "clip" and a really heavy washer are -probably- still laying inside the boot waiting to be scrunched back into size so that it can be pried back onto the rack's retaining groove. Keep an eye on this, it might reappear.
The outer tie rod end on the passenger side is a high wear item on this application also. Mine allowed a 20 degree or better slop in the steering that imbued all sorts of toe-in/out problems that added to the steering nightmares I experienced.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The owner of the carry all 1 I did the exhaust on is riding that thing all around the island. He said it never ran as well as it does now. Really nice when thing works out.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 01-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #20
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Bump
What ya bumping? I am also running around in an 07 Carryall 1, but thus far other than starter switches and new tires mine has been pretty solid. I feel like it’s lost a little juice from the engine because I’m not getting to 15mph, but it still pulls well and gets me, the wife and the dog around the neighborhood in the evenings.

Now, let’s talk about that hardtail ironhead in your avatar? I just bought a 1980 hardtail XL and am loving the heck out of it. It’s such a ridiculous bike considering the limitations inherent in the lack of rear suspension, but I can’t help but smile when I ride it.
Tyler_Veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car