lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #21
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: My '90 Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
If it's still got the kawasaki diff, those are worth some good corn! Don't put it out at the road yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
I may be interested in the pedal group and linkages. Like Dundee said, don't trash it until you squeeze the money out of it.
The cart wasn't given to me outright, I was just told that it was a parts cart and I could take whatever I wanted from it. I don't have any room for it at my house anyway, so I don't really want the whole thing.

I may be out there later this week to get more stuff from it, but there may be other interested parties after some of that stuff. I'll try and get what I can.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
swm63
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
The cart wasn't given to me outright, I was just told that it was a parts cart and I could take whatever I wanted from it. I don't have any room for it at my house anyway, so I don't really want the whole thing.

I may be out there later this week to get more stuff from it, but there may be other interested parties after some of that stuff. I'll try and get what I can.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #23
brenth560
Not Yet Wild

We have a 1989 Club Car DS gas that I will be parting out in the for sale section. We replaced engine so will have clutch, front axles, carb etc..
brenth560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #24
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Some recent pics with the new leafs and shackles installed:

Old 09-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #25
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks a lot better! Thinkin, those rear shackles should be painted a bright color [orange maybe] or chromed. Seventies man!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #26
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Did a double take on the tennis ball and line on that sign. Was like,..Springbok,....WTH
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #27
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Lookin' good Springbok!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #28
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Did a double take on the tennis ball and line on that sign. Was like,..Springbok,....WTH
That's the "guide ball" so that my wife's car stops in the right spot in order to maximize garage space for me to work (she only parks in the garage during the winter months).
Old 09-08-2017, 05:42 AM   #29
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thumbs down Re: My '90 Club Car

Well I ran into an unwelcome surprise last night while putting the motor in. The motor went in fine and everything was going well until I rested my hand on the rear of the gas tank and it cracked.

The gas tank only seems to be brittle in top rear, and I know it's because of where the cart sat outside in the sun (for two years). My cousin (the previous owner) left the cart outside with the body off for all that time.

I cut out the brittle section. What are my options? Can I patch this and plastic-weld it? Or is this tank garbage? I'm looking for tanks online and I only see new tank available for 1992-up DS carts. Will the newer tanks work? What's the difference? What would cause a newer tank to not work?

On a good note the engine went in and I got new mounts for it. I didn't buy stock mounts for it, I bought a sway bar end link and just used the rubber bushings from it and it worked great!

Old 09-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #30
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Well thanks to Daryl at Classy Carts, I got a "new" gas tank for the '90. Thanks Daryl!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides