lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #2031
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

I installed the NRracing 6500 rpm valve kit with the kibblewhite super viton red valve seal on the intake valve. Even with a valve spring compressor these automotive retainers and keepers are a challenge assembling. It was tough on the bench and I would guess next to impossible with the engine in the cart. One other note here. Shepard quizzed my pretty hard if my valve train geometry was correct. I can see by the wear pattern on my lash caps I was spot on perfect. I am sure he was watching my progress from somewhere
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #2032
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I almost messed up. I was checking the fit of my cylinder head when I realized the block did not come with dowel pins installed. I ordered some from NRracing so another delay in the final assembly of my Omega engine. Glad I realized the omission before proceeding. Added a set of rod bearings while I was there figuring the shipping would be the same.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:08 PM   #2033
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Good lesson. When you are starting with a brand new bare block that is just what is is. This was a first time event for me as all the other engines I have done were already built and then modified or rebuilt by me. FYI The honda part # is 94301-12200. It took some doing to find this #
Old 07-26-2022, 05:31 AM   #2034
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My NR order has shipped. Maybe later this week it will arrive and I can finish assembling this engine.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:23 AM   #2035
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

With the detailed tear down of my VC 460 long rod the only issue I found was the upper half of the shell bearing had started flaking. During its use at one point my secondary clutch had flew apart under hard acceleration and jammed the throttle wide open. This buried the tach until I could gather myself together and hit the emergency kill switch.P.S. Despite this massive over rev situation there were no marks on the piston showing and valve contact from valve float. So below are the 2 billet rods in my my VC 460 clone engine. The first 2 pics show the VC long rod. It has very small notches on both sides top and bottom of the cap area plus a bevel edge shown in pic 2 on one side to oil the crank journal. Something worth noting here is that with the original clone rod bolts all was good. For the future the ARP high tensile strength will be installed.Next up the the Bullfrog rod.It has a large notch on both sides of the upper cap. Both units have a small hole from the top side of the rod bolt hole to the matching hole in the upper bearing shell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0899.jpg (175.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0900.jpg (308.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0901.jpg (175.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0902.jpg (163.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2022, 07:37 AM   #2036
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

For a future build is the ARC billet rod that uses a different oiling system. The ARC rod has an oiling hole right in the center of the splash fin and the hole at the top of the lower rod bolt.Both of these passages lead directly to the upper and lower bearing shells. I am high lighting these oiling methods since the only real wear in my engine was the rod bearing shells. I understand the upper shell takes the heavy load as the engine fires put all that pressure on that bearing shell. I kind of like the idea used in different was to load up oil in this area during the splash point on the way up to the combustion point. Another note here both the ARC and Bullfrog unit use the same ARP rod bolts. All 3 units use the same bearing shells.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0904.jpg (159.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2022, 04:40 PM   #2037
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Moved the Fumoto drain valve from the long rod onto the Omega along with the starter block off plate today. Getting antsy waiting for the block dowels to arrive so I can get this thing together and installed in Vicki
Old 07-28-2022, 01:37 PM   #2038
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Parts came in today so the Omega short block is now the complete Omega engine.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:17 PM   #2039
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Engine is still up in my dining room BUT I went down and brought up the pull starter. 1) I wanted to make sure everything lined up with the new fan shroud and the billet flywheel. 2) I wanted to make sure that I really had spark with the recommended 30 thousands coil gap. POW Nice BIG blue spark P.S. The engine looks the same externally as it did on page #5 pic #43. Except for the cylinder head, push rods, valve cover, carb, and pull starter everything else is brand new
Old 07-31-2022, 11:55 AM   #2040
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got the yamaha frame to VC engine mount plate back in the cart and the VC engine plate in as well. Also transferred the throttle brackets off the long rod block. Everything is waiting for me to carry Omega down and position it into the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps