lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2022, 11:09 AM   #2041
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Carried the completed engine down the 13 stairs to the lower area today. I was trying to figure less risky ways of getting it down the steps. In the end I just held it by the 780 clutch and VC billet intake manifold mounted on my carb. Held it waist high pulled against me and went down the the steps 1 step at a time with my stronger right knee leading the way. So its down in the lower garage area with all the engine mounts and plates tightened up in the cart. Getting there slowly. Hard to believe in 2014 I pulled out the stock G14 engine on friday after work and did the full VC 460 installation on saturday afternoon. Sunday mourning I was riding the cart around the island absolutely awed by the performance increase. BIG difference between for me being 63 years old versus 71. Between the knees and the heart I have lost a lot of drive. I guess keep playing until they throw the dirt on me.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #2042
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Engine is back in the cart with both belts on loosely. From here on in it is just a matter of bolting everything back up. Alas there are a few days of Hot weather ahead.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #2043
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I didn't really mention it while I was doing it but those nylon brush shanks worked wonders with a little WD 40 cleaning all the carbon deposits out of the cylinder head. Never had anything work so well in doing that task.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #2044
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I got the front dog bone with the S/G mount plus the S/G to plate bolts installed along with the throttle rod and spring on the carb. Just got too hot and sweating and had to stop. My heart was racing over 120 bpms. I guess I just can't work very long in the heat. P.S. I put Nords on the dog bone bolts. Don't know if that is a must BUT I had them so I used them. Got the CVT belt tight and the Fumoto positioned better with the modded S/G mount.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:10 PM   #2045
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I neglected to say what a great piece the "dog bones" engine hold downs from Vegascarts are. They are a snap when installing the engine and I would guess the same when removing the engine. I couldn't find a torque setting anywhere BUT Geoff Warner responded that 20 ft/lbs would be just fine.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:08 AM   #2046
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well something is WRONG. I put the exhaust system back on the engine and it seemed too far back in the chassis. So I pulled on the drive belt checking tension and the secondary clutch just opened with no tension. I wonder now if the vibration I felt was something there and not the engine. The secondary looks like the spring is dislodged or broken. I HOPE there is nothing wrong with the input shaft. It is a good thing I opened the engine and spotted the flaking upper rod bearing. BUT now I am far away from a test drive that I had hoped to do this weekend. Ordered a new spring from Boats.net. If this is all that is broken it will be the second one that broke. P.S. Dug out the secondary clutch puller. Maybe tomorrow I will start on seeing what is wrong ?
Old 08-06-2022, 03:55 PM   #2047
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well tore the whole secondary apart and the spring wasn't broken. I now wonder if I pulled the overwidth belt in so hard I somehow jammed the sheath and when I used the puller it some how released ? Anyway it is back together with the original VC supplied belt. I need to rework my exhaust mounts with this change. Still need more work on the S/G mount and the Fumoto drain valve. And Dave that is still the secondary sheath from you
Old 08-07-2022, 08:49 AM   #2048
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Exhaust mount redone, Fumoto better, all the linkage from pedal to carb installed and adjusted.Oil added to engine with just the S/G left to install with the wiring to it and the fuel lines. No more today. I am Tired
Old 08-07-2022, 04:23 PM   #2049
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

With the oil in the engine I did pull hand starter did pull 5 or six times. When the S/G gets installed I will then cycle it thru several times before turning on the fuel.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #2050
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I had ordered a new secondary clutch spring from boats.net in case mine was broken. It arrived today from partszilla and is here if needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps