lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
jcl7450
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed up Club Car Precedent

Hello all, new to golf carts.
I have a 2014 CC Precedent.
Stock everything, does about 13 MPH.
Want to get it up to 22-25mph.

What is the simplest way to increase the speed.
jcl7450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Speed up Club Car Precedent

Replace the controller. The Alltrax XCT 300 Amp is very popular because that's all you'll need. It'll get you low to mid 20s for speed. If you're in hilly terrain, the XCT400 may be a better option for you. With the 400, you'll have to upgrade the solenoid and all main power cables to at least 4 gauge to carry the extra amperage.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alltrax XCT is the best first upgrade without a doubt. Best prices are at site sponsors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #4
jcl7450
Not Yet Wild

Thanks you for the quick advice.
Looking to start working on this cart.

Planning on using it mainly for playing golf initially, will see about upgrading as I go along.
Again, thank you guys.

John
jcl7450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a 2014 CC Prec with an Alltrax XCT300/ 200 solenoid and FSIP hi speed motor doing 27 mph on stock size tires and wheels. This cart has lots of acceleration too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
WKocurek
Not Yet Wild

I upgraded my 2011 CC Precedent with a scottyb recommended FSIP high speed motor, XCT400, 2ga wires, and upgraded solenoid about 6 months ago. I have a stock tire/wheel setup and I've been really pleased with the way it performs. 27mph, plenty of zip, and the ability to utilize the regen braking definitely helps augment the stock braking when you're going fast with that motor.
WKocurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm in the same situation as the OP, jcl7450. From what I have read the stock GE motors are marginal if you try and go faster. I'm lucky in that right outside my neighborhood is a shop called Reliable. They specialize in mods and upgrades and have been doing speed mods for over 20 years. It's family owned and run - they are very good people. They prefer Navitas controllers, however when I mentioned my desires - they also said that my stock motor will not hold up long term with a 300A controller.

They then pointed out that they could do a motor only that would get me 26 maybe 27 mph with a slight gain in torque keeping the Club Car controller. We also swapped the battery leads from 6 Ga to 4 Ga. welding cable. Sure enough, that afternoon I dropped it off and the next afternoon I cruised home at 27 mph. With my wife and grandchild, 25 mph. We're pleased with the nominal torque gain (although we were happy with stock).

So all know - there are motors out there that give you good speed and torque with the factory Club Car controller.
inmanlanier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faster 48 volt club car, speed acceleration, speed code
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car