lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 2006 DS - Starter/Generator Turns Over With Key Switch

Hello BGW!
I am working on a friend's 2006 CC DS for him. The cart runs and drives great, but for some reason the key switch is supplying power to the Starter/Gen. If I throw it into neutral or turn the key off it kills the power. Before I chase the wires any suggestions?

Also, I removed the fuse in the black fuse box with the accelerator rod in it and that doesn't kill the motor.

EDIT: I did check to make sure the accelerator rod wasn't holding the switches open and it isn't. I even put a blast screwdriver in there to push the switches in all the way and that isn't it.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 DS - Starter/Generator Turns Over With Key Switch

The good thing is the cart only turns over. It doesn't turn over enough to engage the clutch.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could be the top microswitch in the control box is bad (failed closed). The key switch provides 12v+ on the blue wire to one of the small terminals on the solenoid. The orange wire on the opposite small terminal goes to that microswitch and should only connect to ground to complete the circuit when the pedal is pressed and the arm on the microswitch is release by the movement of the bell crank.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:30 PM   #4
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Could be the top microswitch in the control box is bad (failed closed). The key switch provides 12v+ on the blue wire to one of the small terminals on the solenoid. The orange wire on the opposite small terminal goes to that microswitch and should only connect to ground to complete the circuit when the pedal is pressed and the arm on the microswitch is release by the movement of the bell crank.

PERFECT!!! That was the issued. I swapped the micro switch from my 2007 DS and it works great now!!! Thanks so much!
Old 08-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #5
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Unfortunately the cart started doing it and for some reason even when that switch was unplugged it was doing it. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You unplugged the orange wire from the switch and it keeps cranking?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:17 AM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

If the microswitch is disconnected but it still turns over you've got a stuck/welded solenoid. This happens whenever a customer buys a 'starter' solenoid from Auto Zone--those were never meant to handle a constant load (on a golf car, the solenoid remains engaged the entire time you're driving, but a starter solenoid for a Ford or Jeep is only intended to be engaged for a few seconds) and burn up. They look almost identical to the stock solenoid too, the only way to tell is to pull it out and look underneath and see if it's got a cheap silver metal bottom instead of the magnetic heavier metal bottom of the proper CC solenoid.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car