lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #1
CartCartCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Hacking an RXV charger to CC DS??

I have recently had a Lester Summit 2 saga that ended with a faulty charger and they should be sending me a new one. I say should because the sales person I spoke to seems to think there is a back order until January I'm giving the the company a chance to fix the issue before going back the the vendor.

However,

I have acquired a working used RXV charger. These seem to have a positive, negative, and signal pin.

Can I cut of the plug portion, attach an SB50 the the pos and neg (disregard the signal) and charge my cart until the new Lester comes it? I've read that some chargers require a signal from the cart controller to work, this will be hooked directly to batteries.

I have upgraded a CC DS to ScottyB's iQ conversion with an Alltrax controller and previously have a crowfoot plug so no lockout.

I build this cart for a event that I missed already due to this charger issue, I don't want to miss Halloween, too.

Thanks everyone, this forum has been very helpful

Last edited by CartCartCart; 10-19-2021 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Clarity in title
CartCartCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
CartCartCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hacking an RXV charger to CC DS??

Bump

Just want to know if it will charge vs cause immediate damage. I understand it's probably not ideal for the longevity of the pack.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This question may be better suited in the ezgo electric section, but I believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong) the 3rd pin is just used to lock out the cart from operating while the charger is plugged in.

You will, however have to bypass your OBC to use any charger that’s not a club car charger with the cart.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:27 PM   #4
CartCartCart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. I'll do that. I did the ScottyB IQ conversion so I dont think I have a OBC anymore just an alltrax. The charging receptacle is wired directly to the batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car