lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2021, 11:11 PM   #1
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent rear roof strut

So a few years ago I found an extended roof on OfferUp then found the rear strut at a local golf cart dealer. I made a bracket out of aluminum for now not sure if to just paint black and leave as is or this there another bracket that connects from the rear seat to the strut. I know every rear seat is different due to many different manufactures. Sorry the photos are sideways don’t know how to fix that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1794C346-82CF-48C9-BABF-A2320EC50464.jpeg (112.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 24213A49-5597-4ADD-B439-43C31D5215AA.jpeg (105.6 KB, 0 views)
Coronadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent rear roof strut

If that's all that's holding the roof up it's gonna break.
These roofs do alot of moving around when the cart is driving and thin aluminum is not going to hold up.
I would get a couple 1x1 square tube sections from the hardware store about the length of the bottom of that strut between the bends. Stack them 2 on each other to make up that 2" or so gap. Maybe do 3 even if you need more head room. Drill 5/16 holes through them and line them up with the existing holes in that cross bar for the front seat. Sandwich all that together with long 5/16" bolts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like Fairtax said, that won't last long.

I can't really tell from the photos, but it appears you could drill new holes in the roof and move the support back and connect it directly to the square tubing.

You may also be able to turn the roof support around so the top angle bends face the front of the cart instead of the rear.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:42 PM   #4
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for your help I will take a look @ those options and see what’s the best one .
Coronadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car