lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2021, 05:07 AM   #11
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: A New Type MCOR

Go to the bottom of this page...

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/tech---mcor-guide
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2021, 11:19 AM   #12
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:53 PM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild

Anybody have any experience using one of these?

I feel like in some cases it's hard to say if an MCOR4 is "good" or "bad". Maybe there is an in-between.

I've noticed that what I would call a "good" one that I have (OEM part, ~2 years old, never in rain, submerged, etc...) is functional, but not perfect.

My controller has a screen on the app where you can look at throttle voltage on a graph while you actuate the pedal, and the numbers fluctuate somewhat even when the pedal is at rest, and even when you hold it in a mid-position very still. There are also some rough areas as you slowly apply throttle that are a little jumpy. Sometimes the fluctuation can be .5v or so. Not good. I pumped the pedal fast, full travel, maybe 100 times and it seems fine now (in that it shows a very steady reading). Even before pumping the pedal the cart operates "normally", but I think the controller digitally smooths the throttle input somewhat and that likely disguises the issue somewhat.

My spare (new, OEM as the other one is) MCOR4 has similar characteristics.

Though my MCOR seems "fine", and it isn't night and day in how the cart drives after pumping the pedal, there is a difference in overall throttle smoothness and driveability that I can detect. I also suspect that the MCOR is what causes the occasional abrupt attack of the throttle, sometimes causing a bit of clunk as the gears hit a little harder than they should, when re-applying throttle from a slow speed. Or some very slight surging here and there that you might not notice (or care about).

Anyway, Sergio (who has left the forum apparently) mentioned somewhere a while back that he thought the MCOR4 design was more "robust" than solutions that used a traditional potentiometer. Apparently the inside workings of an MCOR4 use something else to vary the voltage back to the controller - not sure what, but this RHOX MCOR uses a potentiometer. You would think if the pot is a good quality, sealed one that it should be durable and reliable.

Anyway, I drive my cart every day, and for more than a mile or two and my fairly new MCOR4 response stability was still demonstrably improved by pumping the pedal. After 24 hours it begins to creep back to how it was (though still much better than typical), so not sure how long the pedal trick will last before completely reverting to the typical condition, but maybe the advantage of this aftermarket one is longer life / better stability (in addition to adjustability for pedal play).

There must be some reason, beyond adjustable pedal play, that somebody would make a $200 + part to replace one that can be had for $50-$100 - maybe it is the potentiometer's ability to provide stable and accurate voltage feedback -vs- whatever is inside the MCOR units?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car