lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Can I get more speed?

I am coming from an EZ-GO RXV with 20-inch tires that clipped along nicely at 22 mph. My new cart is a lifted 2018 Drive 2 with DC motor and 23-inch tires at 18 mph. What's the best combination for a bit more off-the-line quickness and 22- 24 MPH?
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Can I get more speed?

Alltrax controller would be my recommendation. A Yamaha dealer might be able to sell you a speed option with the controller you have. The speed option gets a stock one to 19mph but with the larger tires, you should get a few mph more than that. I am running Alltrax on both of my Drive carts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, what amp controller would you recomend?
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:35 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got 500 amp but 400 is plenty. Only advantage to the 500 is that it has a cooling fan. I have my current limited to 350 amps. Nice thing about Alltrax is that you can program all of the parameters with your laptop.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha