lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #31
Lee0smond
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48V Conversion - No Speed Gain

Just got home. Pack voltage is at 51.9 with voltmeter. Charged overnight. Hasn’t been plugged in all day today. The gauge reads 51.1 so a bit lower than the voltmeter.
Lee0smond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #32
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee0smond View Post
1) DPI Gen IV currently on setting 4 (per DPI guidance) - chart attached

2) 9-GC8-UTL - attached specs They are currently resting at 50.8 on full charge (per the installed gauge - i know that can show slightly lower than actual)

Batteries have 2 charge cycles on them so I'm leaning towards not broken in over bad. They were fully charged overnight before that data log.

3) The HD solenoid has a diode and resistor (diode between small terminals, resistor between big terminals). Sized, purchased, and shipped from Scotty B. Diode is same from 36V. Only resistor was increased.
1. Mode 4 is what it should be.

2. A little on the low capacity side. 8V-170AH is the typical 48V pack, yours are 8V-160AH.

3. The latest schematic from Alltrax says (Note-4) pre-charge resistor not needed for XCT controllers and (Note-5) that a Regen Diode is required.

I'd contact Alltrax and ask them about a XCT in a DCS specifically.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:10 PM   #33
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Often times chargers will have a built in safety timer so if the charger is still charging 16 hours later it'll stop. I don't know about your DPI, but just because the charger turned off doesn't mean that the batteries are fully charged.

Did you verify the electrolyte level in the batteries? Run a charge cycle and if it's still not fully charged run another charge cycle right behind it. 49.9V is about 75% charged.

I would look at that difference. If your dash meter says 50.7V and the controller log says 49.9V that's a big at-rest difference. Use your handheld meter and see what it says.
The first charge cycle for new batteries may take 20 hours or more and most modern chargers have safety backup timers that shut them off after about 12 to about 16 hours, so multiple charge cycles are sometimes needed to fully charge new batteries.

-------------
Before the solenoid clicks, the voltage between the XCT's B- and B+ terminals will be a bit less than the battery pack voltage. When the solenoid clicks, the voltage between B- and B+ terminals should be same as battery pack voltage. (Measured with same voltmeter)

-------------
Do you happen to have any data logs made when the D&D motor was being fed by the old 36V battery pack?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:54 PM   #34
Lee0smond
Not Yet Wild

Unfortunately I didn’t log it on 36v. I was getting 18mph so I was happy and didn’t dive into the system. Just left it as set up by Scotty B.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:56 PM   #35
Lee0smond
Not Yet Wild

Just went and rand the cart for 30 mins to do another charge cycle tonight. Charger putting out good amps. I’ll try to check peak voltage in a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6A3F1D87-48F2-401C-9C6C-E7AAA1652AD7.jpg (123.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #36
Lee0smond
Not Yet Wild

Hit 57.8 on the gauge (58.5) with the voltmeter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2590EE16-CCCF-4F7D-B0FF-EEB2C4F5D67F.jpg (156.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #37
Lee0smond
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to post an update. It's been over a dozen battery cycles now and no change at all.

It's a lot colder here now and I get about 17MPH flat and about 12-14MPH uphill.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO