lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #41
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48 V 100Ah Extreme Team Battery Pack Installed

I did that several times and even removed and replaced the wires just in case I had to reset something and I have no power with the light on and the button is blue meaning it's powered on but I still have no power on the 12 volt side
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2021, 02:20 PM   #42
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

If that’s the case, I would contact Extreme Team. When I first got my pack, it was really low and nothing seemed to work until I put it on the charger. Once it was on the charger, the BMS came on and I was able to connect. Once it finished charging, I was able to read the correct voltages out of the 48 volt side as well as the 12 volt side when I had the power on.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #43
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

1 problem solved and another one appears
why does my battery reader read 100% and my charger read empty (little red light on empty battery picture) ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_7192.jpg (59.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_7191.jpg (203.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-31-2021, 09:19 AM   #44
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

The Dash meter is something that needs to be set. It can read any charge and be 100%. You have to calibrate it. Charge your battery to full, let it settle than set meter to 100%.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:03 PM   #45
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
The Dash meter is something that needs to be set. It can read any charge and be 100%. You have to calibrate it. Charge your battery to full, let it settle than set meter to 100%.
This is correct, but I'll add the following -

First, you need to program the meter to how many AH your battery is.
Then, after completion of a 100% charge (no need to let settle, as it isn't voltage based) push the "set to full" button (I think it may be to press the "up" button and hold for 5 seconds, but check the manual on yours).

You may consider setting the AH rating 10-20% below the actual of the battery, meaning 0% will actually be 10-20%, which might be good if you have others use the cart. Would help avoid unintentionally discharging deeply.

There is also probably a configurable low-voltage alarm you can set - check the manual (the meter shown is a generic Renogy type, so it likely has the same features).
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #46
Earpo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-MJ View Post
snoop911 A couple more things that might help.

You will receive a thumb drive with instructions and wiring diagram.

I originally connected the battery pack on the drivers side of the cart. Both the original positive and negative wire coming out of the control panel will reach the battery terminals. If you want to mount the battery pack on the passenger side you will need to replace the original wires with longer ones. You will need a Dremel or cut off tool to cut a little square block off the floor. Or you will have to turn the battery with the terminals facing the rear of the cart. That configuration takes up more space.

I later installed to shunt and SOC meter. The location I chose to mount the shunt required me to extend the negative cable coming from the controller to the shunt. I used an old battery cable to run from the shunt to the negative battery terminal. The instructions will explain this in more detail. You will also need some 18 gauge wire and a terminal lug to run from the shunt to the positive battery terminal. Lastly, I had to grind down a screw driver to attach the 18 gauge wire to the shunt. (glasses required) LOL!

I also decided to mount the SOC volt/amp meter in the battery box. But there is plenty of cable to install it on the dash.

You can also down load an APP to read the SOC vial a blue tooth connection. You can read all cell voltages etc, etc.

Again, if you have any other question don't hesitate to ask.
Do you happen to know the name of the app? Thank you!!!
Earpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:45 PM   #47
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smart BMS
Old 02-07-2022, 02:51 PM   #48
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earpo View Post
Do you happen to know the name of the app? Thank you!!!
I have the 2022 “high output” version of the Extreme Team Lithium battery and it uses the ANT BMS app.
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car