lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
DROPPINEM
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 Cuts Out If Not 3/4 Or Full Throttle

Hello guys I am kinda new to the cart scene.I purchased a 1998 g16 from a friend who had just got the cart and rebuilt the motor,installed a 6" jakes kit,as well as a light kit then just got tired of messing with it.I purchased it and built a bed for it,camo'd it,installed a winch,power kit and two gun racks.As you can tell it is a hunting buggy.The problem i am having is when trying to "cruise" the roads at my hunting property it bucks and jerks at low speeds but as soon as you push the accellerator past the halfway point it runs like a scalded dog.I have studied the wiring diagram and was curious if the acc stop switch may have someting to do with it.I have yet to look at the switch but is it adjustable......ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS BEFORE-THANKS.....by the way i am an ASE master automobile technician so you can get technical if need be.
DROPPINEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Cuts Out If Not 3/4 Or Full Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROPPINEM View Post
Hello guys I am kinda new to the cart scene.I purchased a 1998 g16 from a friend who had just got the cart and rebuilt the motor,installed a 6" jakes kit,as well as a light kit then just got tired of messing with it.I purchased it and built a bed for it,camo'd it,installed a winch,power kit and two gun racks.As you can tell it is a hunting buggy.The problem i am having is when trying to "cruise" the roads at my hunting property it bucks and jerks at low speeds but as soon as you push the accellerator past the halfway point it runs like a scalded dog.I have studied the wiring diagram and was curious if the acc stop switch may have someting to do with it.I have yet to look at the switch but is it adjustable......ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS BEFORE-THANKS.....by the way i am an ASE master automobile technician so you can get technical if need be.
Welcome. The stop switch is not adjustable. Is the govenor been been bypassed ? My thought would be to clean the carberator. then adjust accelerator cables. Cable #1 (at the pedal) leave alittle slack (1/4 of play) and cable #2 (at the govenor arm) also leave (1/4 or so) slack. This will alow the starter to turn over, the engine ignition to fire before the throttle shaft is open and giving the engine fuel. Hope this helps. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum DROPPINEM....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
DROPPINEM
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Welcome. The stop switch is not adjustable. Is the govenor been been bypassed ? My thought would be to clean the carberator. then adjust accelerator cables. Cable #1 (at the pedal) leave alittle slack (1/4 of play) and cable #2 (at the govenor arm) also leave (1/4 or so) slack. This will alow the starter to turn over, the engine ignition to fire before the throttle shaft is open and giving the engine fuel. Hope this helps. Dave
Thanks,i will check that cable adjustment tonight.I am not sure if the governor is bypassed or not,i will also check that.The carburetor was rebuilt with the engine......oh yeah forgot to mention it will back fire at times after letting off the acc pedal,but i am going to also check to make sure my throttle plate is closing all the way.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
DROPPINEM
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

UPDATE:I bypassed the governor and it fixed the problem but it feels like it lost some power.The throttle plate is opening all the way and closing all the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha