lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
rebound44
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re-manufactured 2002 Club Car IQ in 2007

Great site, My question I have purchased a 2002 IQ Club Cart DS AQ02 privately 2011, it was re-manufactured in 2007 by Golf Cart Connection Mount Dora Florida (sticker on the steering cloumn). My cart looks as good as factory brand new.
During re-manufacturing are there any changes made from the original factory stuff?
When in Mount Dora Florida spring of 2012 I tried to contact Golf Cart Connections, no luck, are they still in business? If my cart is an indicator of their work they are or were excellent.
Thanks in advance,
R.E Bound
rebound44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Re-manufactured 2002 Club Car IQ in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound44 View Post
Great site, My question I have purchased a 2002 IQ Club Cart DS AQ02 privately 2011, it was re-manufactured in 2007 by Golf Cart Connection Mount Dora Florida (sticker on the steering cloumn). My cart looks as good as factory brand new.
During re-manufacturing are there any changes made from the original factory stuff?
When in Mount Dora Florida spring of 2012 I tried to contact Golf Cart Connections, no luck, are they still in business? If my cart is an indicator of their work they are or were excellent.
Thanks in advance,
R.E Bound
First let me say I have no idea about the company in question, but in general what I have found to be true is that when a company re-manufactures a golf cart they purchase an off lease golf cart that has been taken care of and not abused. Then they completely go through the cart to bring it up to modern standards, replace all worn and out dated parts, and clean everything to make it look brand spanking new.

Basically the company takes a used but still servicable cart and restores it to like it just rolled off the factory floor.

Hope this helps,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
rebound44
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scott, appreciate the feed back. I am also wonder if my cart is a villager4 since it has a non foldable rear seat and a long full top.
thanks

R.E Bound
Old 07-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

CC reman's also receive a 2 year limited warranty . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Not to scare you but... If it was an actual Club Car "Certified Factory Remanufactured Vehicle",
it should have a new serial number tag, and the first part of the serial number should have a number and a letter in it, (example: 2Q02-xxxxxx)
and AQ02 is not a "certified reman" by Club Car, it's a used 2002 48V DS IQ.

It sounds to me that the dealer went through it and cleaned it up really well, and did what they had to do to sell it!
But, it may not have been updated as a certified cart would have been, and it wouldn't have a factory warranty when they redid it.
again, you shouldn't worry... I'm sure they did a great job, and I'm sure it's a really nice cart!

Here's a pdf chart of Club Car serial numbers that may give you a little more insight:

http://sportstran.com/downloads/clubcar_serials.pdf

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Does sticker on steering column have a different serial number?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #7
rebound44
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info Steve and Don. My carts in Florida,I will check the steering column label in October. Thanks Everyone
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Kingman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Not to scare you but... If it was an actual Club Car "Certified Factory Remanufactured Vehicle",
it should have a new serial number tag, and the first part of the serial number should have a number and a letter in it, (example: 2Q02-xxxxxx)
and AQ02 is not a "certified reman" by Club Car, it's a used 2002 48V DS IQ.

It sounds to me that the dealer went through it and cleaned it up really well, and did what they had to do to sell it!
But, it may not have been updated as a certified cart would have been, and it wouldn't have a factory warranty when they redid it.
again, you shouldn't worry... I'm sure they did a great job, and I'm sure it's a really nice cart!

Here's a pdf chart of Club Car serial numbers that may give you a little more insigh

http://sportstran.com/downloads/clubcar_serials.pdf

Hi

That is very interesting and being that l will be looking for a remanufactured
CC Precedent this will help me.

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cart ?, is it, still the same
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car