lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #21
heyubu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed sensor magnet, is this a scam ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUTY TIQUE View Post
Hey Rusty, I wonder the same thing, I actually purchased quite a few of them off ebay, Tried on my cart, unfrotunately when i ordered the cart was an hr away and I wasnt sure on which motor I had. I of course have the GE and they wont fit mine. I'm willing to make a good deal on some if anyones interested.
Are you selling a new magnet..send me a price please
heyubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
kelly sawyer
Not Yet Wild

does this unit bolt on from the outside of motor...or do you have to remove cover to install...photo from page 1 shows me that its goes on the exterior of motor...is this correct...
kelly sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
ramblin-wreck
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUTY TIQUE View Post
Hey Rusty, I wonder the same thing, I actually purchased quite a few of them off ebay, Tried on my cart, unfrotunately when i ordered the cart was an hr away and I wasnt sure on which motor I had. I of course have the GE and they wont fit mine. I'm willing to make a good deal on some if anyones interested.
If you still have any of these magnets left I'd sure like one. I'd rather give my money to a fellow forum member than ebay!
ramblin-wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 AM   #24
marzilli1
Not Yet Wild

I just put the high speed magnets in my ClubCar DS it went from a top end of 15mph to 23mph and it was a lot less expensive that the speed code and you can do it yourself in a few minutes
marzilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #25
marzilli1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly sawyer View Post
does this unit bolt on from the outside of motor...or do you have to remove cover to install...photo from page 1 shows me that its goes on the exterior of motor...is this correct...
It goes on the outside of the motor
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #26
Kiheiezgo96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anybody know if it works on lifted carts?.... Thought I saw something about it not being able to install on lifted cart.
Kiheiezgo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
marzilli1
Not Yet Wild

I had this sensor installed on my cart last July, it is a 2005 Club Car DS with a 6 inch all sports lift kit on it, gas charged shocks all the way around and HD rear springs. It was running at around 15 to 17 MPH (GPS SPEED) to approx 25 MPH after the magnet was installed (GPS SPEED) also bettery charge has alot to do with it, my batteries were repleced in 2008,(Trojan's---not the condom) I keep the water in the batteries at their max fill at all times and I plug in the charger every time I park it. They also plugged in their computer and turned off the down hill automatic brake system, reset the accelator pedal, It was allowing only 45% of the accelator to be used. I have 2 friends with the same model club car and they have a different motor in theirs and the magnet will not work. I was charged around $75 for installation and parts
Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
Kiheiezgo96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

"marzilli1"
I have an IQ regan will it still work? ... I'm also thinking of a 6" lift to put on it... What size tires are you running?
Kiheiezgo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #29
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Hi Guys,

I will be installing one today. Do you need to unplug your batteries? Or put in tow mode?

My understanding is = remove back wheel, unscrew the 2 screws, unscrew magnet bolt (10mm) and just replace?
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #30
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Installed the magnet and went from 12 mph to about 18. Got up to 19, 20, 21 on a slight down hill. Pretty happy.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!