lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Xtreme's Lifted, Locked, and Stretched Off Road Buggy Build Up!!

This cart I've been working on and off since last year in my spare time. Still not finished yet but thought I'd share some pics. It started as a plain green 2004 EZGO electric golf cart and is being transformed into a stretched 4 seater limo off road beast. The 36 volt electric parts were all gutted and the frame was cut in half, stretched the factory 28", new seat pod, flooring, cable extensions and everything else needed to complete the stretch. I fabricated mounts to install a yamaha G2 gas rear end and new 13hp honda clone engine. I welded the rear end, made a snorkel intake, and custom exhaust headers. I also made the rear clays basket, front pod seat back support brackets, and grab bar for the rear passengers. I plan to build a cage for it, install our front brush guard with off road lights, our clays basket, and our rear tube bumper with built in trailer hitch. I really like how this cart handles with the locked rear end...its more fun than a stock cart.

Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Re: Xtreme's Lifted, Locked, and Stretched Off Road Buggy Build Up!!

More to come!!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

What more could you post except for the cage I really enjoy your builds, you are a "top notch" fabber How does the muffler sound? Is there enought back pressure for the engine? Thanks for all your posts.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Thanks and same to you! The exhaust sounds like a muffled harley and has a nice thump but there is an exhaust leak at the head because the old manifold studs were too long for my headers 1/4" flange. Once I get the right bolts it should hopefully fix the problem. Back pressure should be good...I was a little worried about it having to much when I was making the exhaust. I welded flanges on the ports of the muffler to reduce it to 1.25" tubing that I bent up for the header and down pipe. This was my first time doing away with the clone's stock muffler and I'm glad I did it sounds totally different. Also my first for dumping the clones fuel tank and running a factory ezgo tank. Fuel system is working perfect knock on wood!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Extreme,

Is that engine pretty quiet? What muffler is that? Do you build up much heat in the engine compartment? Thanks.
clayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is looking good. I used a very similar Thrush muffler on my BB. They mount up nicely, take less room than a lot of the alternatives I looked at.
Like Dave said, your fab work is always fun to watch. This thing looks great. Does the 13 push that thing around pretty good? Thanks for the pics
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Man thats some awesome fabbing there
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Nice cart! I would lke to have two of those seat pods for my limo (six forward facing seats) but it's not in my budget yet.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Thanks everyone!

Clayfor, the noise level is comfortable. It's not too loud but still has a good sound. I used the wrong high temp paint on the muffler and its all burning off. I did find better high temp paint at autozone today thats rated for 2000*. I need to pull the exhaust and repaint it sometime.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I made some rocker panels out of aluminum but the shinyness didnt fit the look of this cart. When I painted them black the paint didnt stick at all and peeled right off. Think I will do without rocker panels completely and instead bend up some tubing to make rock sliders that will be welded to the outside frame rail for a more rugged look.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides